Welcome to Fall!! I won’t lie…I’m not really happy that summer is “officially” gone now, but the temps around here have been pretty nice lately. I guess some things really do change as we get older. Never in a million years would I have thought I’d be happy about cooler temps. Hmph. This over-30, changing business has me all out of sorts.
But, on the food front, I’ve been trying new things, expanding my horizons…whatever you want to call it…for awhile now, and that I am really enjoying. Hey, if you never try new things, how can you discover a new fabulous burger like this one??
I’ve had endless varities of beef burgers, and a few turkey burgers, but this was my first crack at a ground chicken burger. All I can say about this is…WHOA!! I’ve been missing out! And it’s not just an ordinary burger with chicken, the curry and garlic powders mixed into the meat, then topped with a tzatziki-type sauce, made this a very flavorful burger!! I was very pleasantly surprised, and now I want to come up with more chicken burger variations!!!
Middle Eastern Chicken Burger
- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, grated & strained
- pinch of salt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 Burger Buns or Pita Pockets
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté onions for 4 minutes until tender and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onions, ground chicken, salt, parsley, garlic and curry powder. Make four equal-sized patties.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, mint, cucumber and salt to make the sauce.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a pan and cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Toast burger buns if you’d like, the top with a patty, sauce, and tomato slices.
Leave a Reply