Game day eats get a major upgrade with these bloody mary wings. Chicken wings are marinated in a bloody mary sauce, baked, and then brushed with more bloody mary sauce.
Football season is upon us, and that means game day food is in high demand. And what is a favorite game day food? Wings!! And there are so many ways to make them. I’m working with seven other amazing bloggers to bring you a collection of game day wing recipes that you can make all season long!
What is your wing style? Spicy? Sweet? A combination? Lemon pepper? I typically lean towards spicy – in all things, really – but I’ve been known to enjoy some other variations as well.
I have a very strong fondness for bloody mary’s, so the idea of combining that with wings for a game day food was one I just couldn’t pass up. I mean, how perfect are boozy wings for a game day watch party?? Pretty dang perfect, if you ask me.
These bloody mary wings are baked, not fried, after marination in the bloody mary sauce, and then basted with more bloody mary sauce after they come out of the oven.
You can make a batch for a crowd, paired with other flavors of wings for variety, or you can make a batch for the family ot devour whlie cheering on the family’s favorite team.
I suggest a bigger batch, because…once you start, you’ll have a hard time stopping until their gone. And these don’t even need a dipping sauce, because they bloody mary sauce is plenty of flavor. Of course, if you are a sauce fanatic like I am, you can use traditional ranch or blue cheese to dip these in.
A little sweet, a little spicy, a lot delicious. Make sure these bloody mary wings are on your next game day menu! And check out the other wing recipes below!
Bloody Mary Wings
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- celery salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place wings in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Season with celery salt and black pepper and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine tomato juice, vodka, brown sugar, hot sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour bloody Mary mixture over wings. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove wings from the bowl with tongs and place on the prepared baking sheet, reserving the marinade. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add reserved marinade. Bring to a simmer and cover until reduced by half.
- Remove wings from oven and brush them with the thickened sauce before serving.
Game Day Wing Recipes
Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Wings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Bloody Mary Wings by Sweet Beginnings
Buffalo Wing Soup by Art of Natural Living
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Wings by The Freshman Cook
Crispy Lemon Pepper Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Drunken Honey Wings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings by That Recipe
Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Wings by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Great minds with the boozy wings today. Your’s look amazing.