Happy Hump Day, y’all!! I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already…I was sure this week was going to draaaag by. But, here it is already half-way done and Friday will be here before we know it! Speaking of Friday, that is the day of the week that I usually want something quick and simple to make for supper. It’s usually been a long week and I just want to fix a quick supper and then hang out with J. This little stuffed pepper…was quick and delicious. I mean, I wanted to gobble up the filling before it could ever make it’s way into the peppers, good. It has balsamic vinegar in it for cryin’ out loud. You know I have no self-control when it comes to the balsamic.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 bell peppers (I like the red, yellow, and orange peppers)
- 1 cup minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook bulgur according to package instructions, using the water or vegetable broth.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced bell peppers, celery, dried basil and salt. Saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, add the bulgur and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Stir until well combined. Pour the dressing into the skillet with the tabouli mixture and stir to combine.
- Cut each of the three bell peppers in half length-wise and remove seeds and ribs. Place each half, cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet and fill with the tabouli.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until peppers have softened. Remove from oven and top with minced parsley before serving.