This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This snack mix with cinnamon chex, peanuts, pretzels and the extra special addition of Cadbury Mini Eggs, is the perfect sweet and salty spring treat!
I have recently re-discovered my love of snack mixes. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my Grannie used to make “trash”. Don’t ask me why it’s called that, but it is delicious. A variety of chex mix, pecans, pretzels and a deeelicious seasoned butter sauce baked into it all. Pure heaven, it was.
But, then there is also the trail mixes that have sweet and salty components that I am even more drawn to. You know what I’m talking about. Chocolate. And this time of year I get particularly excited because my very favorite candy comes out – the Cadbury mini eggs! Not the cream filled ones – you can keep that mess. But the little chocolate eggs with the candy shell. I look forward to them all year long.
So, I just had to make a snack mix to include them. You know, another
excuse reason to eat them. Instead of traditional Chex, I decided to use the cinnamon variety. Because, why not?? And just to amp it up a bit more…I used Barlean’s Orange Cream Total Omega-3 Swirl and Sprinkle Pop‘s Egg Hunt Sprinkles. I mean…cinnamon & orange flavor plus salty pretzels and peanuts and creamy chocolate eggs and SPRINKLES?!?! Yes, my friends, we’ve hit the snack mix jackpot with this one.
I typically take most of my sweet treats to work to share with my co-workers, but I have to admit, it was hard to share this one. Nat loved it, and I didn’t mind sharing with her, but the rest….man it was hard to give it up! I did it though. I put that container in the kitchen and walked away, with only a few (hundred) longing glances cast back in its direction over the next couple of days.
I mean, it’s not like I didn’t have any of it, but man. The love was strong for this one, y’all. I really should go grab another (several) bags of the cadbury eggs while they are still around, so I can make this mix a few more times!! I know one toddler who wouldn’t be sorry I did! The orange creme omega added just a subtle hint of orange flavor to the butter glaze, but mixed so well with the cinnamon chex. And those sprinkles. I mean. Come ON. Freaking adorable.
If you didn’t enter the giveaway already, make sure you do! You don’t want to miss out on the chance to win some of these amazing prizes!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Did you check out all of the recipes shared yesterday? Make sure you do!! After you look at all the one’s from today, of course!!
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Blood Orange Danish Puff Pastry Pinwheels by The Gingered Whisk
- Brownie & Ice Cream Peeps Pops by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Caramel Walnut French Toast Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chick’s Nests (aka Haystacks) by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Toasted Granola by Cooking With Carlee
- Classic Banana Pudding Parfaits by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Cottage Cheese Jello Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Coconut Sheet Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Key Lime Pie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Daisy Tartlets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Cookie Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Orange Vanilla Creme Baked Donuts by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Orange Creme Smoothie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Ricotta Cake by The Tip Garden
- PEEPS Easter Bunny Vanilla cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Small Batch Double Lemon Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Spring Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sweet Rolls with Oatmilk Yogurt Frosting by The Baking Fairy
- Whipped Yogurt Fruit Tart by The Crumby Kitchen
- White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles by Creative Southern Home
- Yogurt Parfait with Barlean’s Orange Creme by Our Good Life
Are you ready for the snack mix recipe? I know you are! So, here it is!
Spring Snack Mix
- 4 cups cinnamon chex
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup pretzel sticks (you can use round or square, if you prefer)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Barleans Orange Creme Total Omega-3 Swirl
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs
- Sprinkle Pop Egg Hunt Sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Combine chex, peanuts and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Mix melted butter and Barleans Orange Creme Total Omega-3 Swirl together in a small bowl. Pour over chex mix and toss to coat.
- Pour mix onto a large baking sheet, in a single layer, and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep from burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place in a large bowl, and add the mini eggs. Add sprinkles on top of individual servings for added cuteness and deliciousness!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Kylee from Kylee Cooks
I love colors in this Spring mix!! So pretty and festive!!
Thank you! The mini eggs and sprinkles do definitely give it a nice spring pop of color!!
Oh my goodness I love everything in this mix. such a great mix of flavors
Thank you, Kallee!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
This snack mix sounds so yummy and easy! Perfect for the kids at Easter!
The flavor combo here sounds amazing! And how cute are those sprinkles!?
Snack mix jackpot for sure! I love everything about this snack. Thinking I’ll make a party favor out of it for our Easter guests.
I like that you added the Barleans Orange Creme Omega Swirl to this snack mix. Great way to make it a little healthier.
I’ll be making a batch of easter bunny trail mix to put in the grandkids easterbaskets. This will be fun!
I’m all for a good snack mix and this one is so colorful and fun!
I am a sucker for a good snack mix and this is cute too which gives it lots of bonus points!
I love the use of the sprinkles in the snack mix. What a fab idea!
Ros @ ZenHealth
I have to try this! I love all the flavors you added in. <3 <3
Cheese Curd In Paradise
I love the combo of the orange with the cinnamon Chex! That sounds so tasty, and something different that the old standby flavors. I am also a big fan of canbury eggs! I get sad when they leave the shelves after Easter!
A snack mix with a healthy twist? LOVE IT! Perfect for binge watching Easter movies.
Teri@The Freshman Cook
I love the cadbury eggs too! They make everything better! Your snack mix looks amazing, and I must make some now!