This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy, sweet, and tangy with a perfect graham cracker crust – this Key Lime Tart is everything you want in a spring dessert!
Happy Wednesday friends! Or as my very animated toddler would so adorably say, “Hump deeyy!” in a low tone, trying her very hardest to imitate the way mama said it. It really is the cutest.
I hope you have been enjoying all the spring sweets recipes the past couple of days. There are SO many amazing treats, and we are only half-way through the week. I bet you have a list you want to make already, don’t you? Same girl, same. I don’t know how I’ll ever get to make all of them, but you can bet I’ll try my best!
I had such a good time making all the recipes for this week, but this key lime tart stole my heart. That creamy, tart, key lime filling, a buttery graham cracker crust, and fresh whipped cream, lime and raspberries on top. Yep. It has my name alllll over it.
I am not typically a crust fan. I know, I know…I’m a strange one. But this graham cracker crust is light, with just a hint of buttery sweetness that I can totally get on board with. Instead of, you know, just eating the filling like I would nomally do.
Oh, and it’s actually a pretty simple dessert to prepare. I mean, you have to wait a bit for it to chill BUT the preparation itself is pretty quick.
How is a key lime tart made?
1 – Mix up and bake the graham cracker crust for 10 minutes.
2 – Mix the key lime filling (juice, zest, sweetened condensed milk) and pour it into the cooled crust.
3 – Bake for 15 minutes at 325. Allow to cool and then chill for at least 3 hours.
4 – Mix up your whipped cream and serve the key lime tart with that, lime zest and slices, and raspberries!
It’s thanks to our amazing sponsors, like Dixie Crystals, who provide us with top quality ingredients to use in our creation of recipes to share with you all. Sugar in the crust, sugar in the whipped cream – top to bottom delciousness!
Make sure you get your entry in to win some amazing prizes!!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Are you ready for the recipe now?? Scroll a little further, and check out the other recipes from today on the way!
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Buttermilk Carrot Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Baked Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze by House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars by The Speckled Palate
- Coconut Cream Sweet Rolls by Cooking With Carlee
- Crêpes with Orange Caramel and Mascarpone by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easter White Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies by A Savory Feast
- Easy Pina Colada yogurt parfaits by Creative Southern Home
- Lemon Frozen Yogurt with Cake Mix Crust by Our Good Life
- Key Lime Tart by Sweet Beginnings
- Krispy Peeps Treats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lavender Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by The Gingered Whisk
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Donuts by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by Blogghetti
- Lemon Shortbread Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Lemon Totos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Marshmallow Chick Cupcake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Peeps Snack Mix by Home Sweet Homestead
- Rainbow Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Bling Meyer Lemon Almond Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spring Sugar Cookie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies by The Tip Garden
- Tres Leches Cake by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Vegan Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites by The Baking Fairy
- Welcome Spring Gravity Drip Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Here you are, my friends. The recipe for key lime tart that will make your spring come true!
Key Lime Tart
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 10 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 key limes, zested (or 1 regular lime)
- 1/2 cup key lime juice*
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp Dixie Crystals confectioners sugar
- 1 lime**, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F. Mix the graham crumbs and sugar, and them stir in the melted butter until moistened. Press into a the base and up the sides of a 9 1/2 – 10″ loose bottomed tart pan. Carefully*** place in oven and bake for 10 min. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of a standup mixer whisk the egg yolks and then add the condensed milk. Whisk for 3 minutes. Add in the juice and lime zest and continue to beat for an additional 3 min. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 15 min. Let cool completely and then chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Add in the juice and lime zest and continue to beat for an additional 3 minutes. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 15 min. Allow to cool completely and then chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
- To make the whipped topping, add the whipping cream to the bowl of your stand mixer, with the whisk attachment and beat until soft peaks. Add in the confectioner’s sugar and mix unti just combined. Serve the key lime tart with whipped cream, lime zest and slices, and rasperries for a gorgeous presentation!
Source: Real Housemoms
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.