This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These white cupcakes with fresh blueberry frosting, are moist and light with a pop of fresh blueberry in the frosting. Perfect for any occasion and a great way to welcome spring!
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a fun giveaway? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! Get ready to ditch your hats, coats, and snow boots and get ready for some delicious sweet treats like cupcakes, cookies, sweet breads, and cocktails! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much Swiss Diamond, Dixie Crystals, Nancy’s Yogurt, Sprinkle Pop, Adams Extracts, Barleans, Melissa’s Produce, and PEEPS® for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
But first, let’s talk about these cupcakes!
Several years ago, I started making these white cupcakes and they have been requested by friends and family many times since. That, my friends, is because they are so light, fluffy, and moist, and have such an amazing flavor.
I love a good cupcake, but what I don’t love is a super heavy and dense cupcake. You won’t find any of that nonsense here. And the frosting, made with fresh blueberries and buttercream, is the perfect compliment to these white cupcakes. And those sprinkles? Those adorable, spring-themed sprinkles? Those come from our amazing sponsor, Sprinkle Pop. They have SO many cute sprinkles to help you decorate all year long.
I had the hardest time keeping Nat from getting hold of them before it was time for me to use them. She kept seeing them on the shelf and telling me, “Sprinkles, mama. I want sprinkles!” Yes, little love, I know you do, but those are for mama to bake with. I do believe she got her lack of patience from me. Sorry, kiddo.
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Swiss Diamond Cookware is giving one winner an XD Nonstick 6 Piece Newlywed Kitchen Kit! Swiss Diamond’s 6-Piece XD Newlywed Set is the ultimate nonstick cookware collection, with a pot or pan for nearly every recipe you can think of! Nothing conducts heat more efficiently than diamonds, and combined with the extra-thick cast aluminum body, these pans have amazingly even heat distribution. With this superior heat retention, they sear ingredients as well as stainless steel, but without the messy cleanup. The XD nonstick coating releases so well, you can cook anything without a drop of oil or butter. This set includes a 9.5″ fry pan, an 8″ fry pan, a 2.2 quart saucepan with lid, and 5.5 quart soup pot with lid. Swiss Diamond® International dates back to 1974, when HORT Coating Center SA was founded in Sierre, Switzerland, as a scientific research company exploring new materials and surface coatings. Fast forward a few years to 2001, when a revolutionary nonstick coating suitable for use on cookware was developed, which led to the creation of Swiss Diamond® International SA. Visit https://www.swissdiamond.com/ for delicious recipes and the best nonstick cookware around.
Prize #2: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner the Wilton Ultimate Cake Decorating Tools Set! What better way to decorate your cakes made with Dixie Crystals sugar then to use this decorating set? A blue and white rectangular organizer caddy has 4 see-through drawers and 2 top compartments for holding tips, plus slots on the side to hold spatulas. Included in the caddy are 263 pieces including piping tips, a practice board, decorating bags, straight and angled spatulas, flower nails and an icing comb. There’s also a lot of handy fondant tools including a roller, cut-out sets, impression mats, modeling tools, shaping foam and a fondant smoother. It’s a cake decorators dream! Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking in the kitchen, and plenty of baking videos.
Prize #3: Melissa’s Produce is giving one winner an Organic Family Produce Box. This box contains 100% organic fruits and vegetables including kale, cucumbers, apples, pears, lemons, oranges, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and so much more! It’s easy to get in your five servings of fruits and vegetables with this fun produce box. Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The original office had just three telephones and four chairs. In a few short years the company would grew to occupy a newly renovated and expanded 280,000 square foot office and warehouse complex. The Melissa’s brand is named after Joe and Sharon’s daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company’s Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa’s full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes!
Prize #4: Nancy’s Yogurt is giving one winner a fabulous Nancy’s Yogurt tote bag full of fun items! One winner will receive a tote bag stuffed with coupons for free Nancy’s Yogurt products, a super cute T-shirt, recipe cards, and Post-Its. It’s everything you need to learn more about Nancy’s Yogurt. Chuck and Sue Kesey opened Springfield Creamery in Oregon in 1960 right after they got married. For the first decade they focused on bottling glass jugs of milk for home delivery and school lunches. Nancy Van Brasch Hamren joined the Creamery in 1969 and shared her recipe for making yogurt. Nancy’s became the first yogurt sold in the United States to contain live probiotics. In 1999 Nancy’s Yogurt began distributing to all 50 states. Today there are nearly 60 employees and Springfield Creamery makes over 100 cultured dairy and soy products. To learn more about Nancy’s Yogurt, the products they sell, and how they make their products visit https://nancysyogurt.com/.
Prize #5: PEEPS is giving one winner a gift card to PEEPS® & Co. The winner can choose from a variety of delicious PEEPS® & Co candy items as well as apparel. They even have fun gifts like throw blankets, slippers, plush bunnies, and socks. The choice is yours! Just Born, the company that makes PEEPS® & Co., was founded in 1923 in New York and moved to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in 1932. Just Born got its name when founder, Sam Born, proudly displayed in his store window an evolving line of daily-made candy, declaring them “just born”. Today we enjoy the wonderful combination of sweet colored sugar and fluffy marshmallows that create the unforgettable taste experience of PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies. Visit https://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/ to buy PEEPS® & Co. candy, gifts, and apparel.
Prize #6: Barlean’s is giving one winner a bottle of Seriously Delicious Omega-3, Extra Strength Ideal CBD Hemp Oil, and a bag of Super Seeds. Seriously Delicious Omega-3 is a tasty way to add Omega-3’s to your diet without a fishy after taste. The Extra Strength Ideal CBD Hemp Oil is made from US grown hemp, contains no artificial ingredients, has a natural mint flavor, and is gluten free, vegan, and is known to . Super Seeds are a delicious way to add antioxidants and Omega-3’s to your morning oatmeal, smoothies, and yogurt. Barlean’s believes that people can make a difference in the world through ordinary purchases. They are on a mission to make premium natural supplements and functional foods that feed the mind and body and using our profits to support outreach programs for people in need, both locally and around the world. Visit www.barleans.com to learn more about their products, community, and where you can purchase their products.
Prize #7: Adams Extract is giving one winner four of their amazing extracts and a set of their food colors. The extracts include Pure Almond Extract, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Pure Lemon Extract. The winner will also receive Adams Best Twice as Strong Vanilla which is awesome to bake with. John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.” “Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded. The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more. To learn more about Adams Extract, to shop their products, or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com/default.aspx.
Prize #8: Sprinkle Pop is giving one winner six fabulous sprinkle mixes from their Easter collection! The sprinkle mixes include Hangin’ with my Peeps, Bewitched, Signature, Green Tea, Cottontail Confetti, and Egg Hunt. These fun sprinkles are a great addition to any spring or Easter baked goods. Liz Butts founded Sprinkle Pop in Texas. Liz found that not only can she pinpoint exactly what sprinkle color combinations work best together, she can create a custom blend with the perfect textures. She grew the business from a one-woman show operating out of the small “sprinkle room” in her house on nights and weekends then soon expanded to a dedicated warehouse space with a devoted team of sprinkle fairies in under a year. She makes delicious sprinkle mixes that are custom, vibrant and luxurious. Over 50% of all the sprinkles are dyed in house so they are one of a kind! Visit https://sprinklepop.shop/ to shop their sprinkles, learn how they give back to the community, and for fun recipes!
Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win some of these amazing prizes!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want the recipe for these white cupcakes with blueberry frosting AND more delicious spring sweets? Of course you do – check them out below! So. Much. Deliciousness!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting
For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 6 large egg whites (3/4 cup), room temperature
- 2 tsp Adams Extracts almond extract
- 1 tsp Adams Extracts vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened but still cool
For the Blueberry Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh* blueberries
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, VERY soft
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals confectioners sugar (more if needed), sifted
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream (more if needed)
- Fresh blueberries, for topping (optional)
- Sprinkle Pop sprinkles, for decorating (I used the Bewitched Sprinkle Mix)
- Set oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Pour milk, egg whites, and extracts into 2-cup measuring cup, and mix with fork until blended.
- Mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of electric mixer on low speed. Add butter and continue mixing on low speed until mixture resembles moist crumbs, with no powdery streaks remaining.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of milk mixture to crumbs and beat at medium speed for 1½ minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup of milk mixture and mix an additional 30 seconds, scrape down the sides and then mix 20 seconds more.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared cups. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-17 minutes (8-11 for miniature).
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the Blueberry Frosting:
- In a small saucepan combine blueberries and lemon juice; bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly and gently smashing the blueberries, until thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl, pour in the blueberry puree and push through the strainer with a spatual, which will give you smooth blueberry puree without the skin. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the softened butter on medium-high speed (scraping down the sides as needed) until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in a 1/4 cup of the blueberry puree and beat until completely combined, about 1 minute (the mixture may look very “wet”, but don’t worry!) Add in the confectioners sugar, one cup at a time, on low speed. Once all of the sugar has been added, add in the cream and salt, then beat on high-speed for a full 2 minutes. Now the frosting will thicken up and look as it should!
- Add frosting to piping bag with tip of choice and decorate as desired, then top with fresh blueberries and sprinkles!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.