This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% my own.
These Spooky Eyeball Truffles are a delicious kid-friendly Halloween treat that is easy to make and fun to eat!
When I received these adorable gummy eyeballs from Treat Street USA, I knew immediately what I wanted to do with them. Oreo truffles with eyeballs on top. Eyeball truffles. Spooky eyeball truffles. Because…how fun is that??
They’re just a little spooky, but more fun and silly than anything. Kids love fun and silly. Especially for Halloween. And they are so easy to make!! If you needed a last-minute treat, you could realistically throw these together in half an hour, and that’s with the time to firm up the truffles and the coating!
How do you make Spooky Eyeball Truffles?
-Crush the oreos cookies.
-Mix with softened cream cheese.
-Form into balls and freeze for 10 minutes.
-Melt white chocolate.
-Dip oreo balls into chocolate, top with a gummy eyeball.
-Refrigerate to let chocolate harden.
A few simple steps, and you have an adorable treat to share!
Sponsor item used in this post:
Treat Street USA Gummy Eyeballs
Be sure to check out the other spooky recipes from today, and enter the giveaway, below!
Spooky Eyeball Truffles
- 25 Oreos (or other chocolate sandwich cookies)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white chocolate bark
- 2 pkgs Gummy Eyeballs (there are 12 per package, you will have a few leftover)
- Place oreos in a blender or food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Add to a medium mixing bowl with the softened cream cheese and mix with a hand mixer until well-combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop even amounts of oreo mixture out, and roll into balls in your hands. Place on a wax-paper lined plate or cookie sheet. Repeat until all the mixture is used. You will have 16-18 truffles depending on size. Place truffles in fridge for about 15 minutes (or freezer for about 5-7 minutes)
- Melt the white chocolate bark in a cup or measuring cup that is deep enough for easier dipping. (Standard melting instructions are 60 seconds on 50% power, stir, and then heat at 50% power in 30 second increments until melted, stirring each time.)
- Once melted, remove the truffles from the fridge or freezer, drop them into the melted chocolate one at a time and use a fork to scoop out, tapping the fork on the edge of the container to remove excess chocolate and smooth the surface. Place back on your wax paper covered plate, using a toothpick to help scoot it off the fork if necessary. Press a gummy eyeball into the top of the truffle immediately. Repeat until all truffles are made.
- Place truffles in the fridge for about 10 minutes or so, until the chocolate sets. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
Creepy Eyeball Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseballs from Sweet ReciPEAs
Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
Halloween M&M Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors! Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following:
1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packsa Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop,Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.