This Bloody Candy Apple Milkshake is a creamy cinnamon apple milkshake, with a cherry flavored candy apple rim and marshmallow skull lollipops – perfect for Halloween!
Halloween treats come in many forms, as this week has shown. I knew I wanted to make a beverage of some kind, so I started mulling over ideas. I didn’t want to make hot chocolate, I had just made a pumpkin pie milkshake, and I wanted it to be Halloween themed.
Candy apples are a big halloween treat, so why not make a candy apple milkshake?? And candy apple syrup is gloriously red, like blood so even more perfect for the theme!
The milkshake is full of soft, cinnamon apples blended with vanilla ice cream and milk. The milkshake glasses are rimmed with cherry flavored candy apple syrup, and a black straw and marshmallow skull lollipop serve as additional Halloween-themed adornments.
When you see these milkshakes, do they make you think of Halloween? Then I’ve done my job! And since it’s nearly mid-October and still pretty warm in most areas, a milkshake it still totally acceptable. Well, I think they are acceptable despite the temperature, but some people think ice cream is an odd choice when it’s cold outside. I am not one of those people.
How about you? Are you an ice cream in winter person, or a spring and summer only indulger?
And just look at this little darling, who waited oh-so-patiently for mama to finish taking pictures so she could have a taste. But really, all she wanted was the marshmallow skull lollipop. She was a big fan of those!
She is also a fan of ice cream (or popsicles, more specifically) year-round.
Follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Bloody Candy Apple Milkshake
Apple Milkshake Filling
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups sweet red apple (like gala or jazz), peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
Candy Apple Coating
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp cherry extract
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
Apple Pie Milkshake
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream for topping, optional
- To make the apple filling, melt butter in a medium sized pan over medium high heat.
- Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and cook while stirring until apples are softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature or place in a small bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- To make the candy apple coating, place sugar, water, corn syrup, and food coloring in a small sauce pan over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Cook sugar mixture until large bubbles begin to form, about 8 minutes (depending on your stove, so keep a close eye on it.) Mixture should coat the back of your spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, carefully dip the rims of your glasses into the sugar coating and allow to slowly drip down the sides.
- To make the milkshake, combine apple pie filling, ice cream, milk, and vanilla in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream, add a straw and a marshmallow skull lollipop and serve immediately.