Rich, fudgy brownie cupcakes are adorned with buttercream frosting, monster mash sprinkles, and ghostly cupcake liners and toothpicks for the perfect Halloween treat!!
Hi friends! I’m back again today to share an oh-so-adorable Halloween treat with you! These Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes have all the cutesy ghost decor that you can handle! From the ghost-themed cupcake liners, to the black and white candy ghosts, to the not-so-spooky ghost toothpicks. Add some Sweets & Treats Monster Mash sprinkles around the edges and you have an amazing brownie cupcake for all your Halloween festivies!
Did I mention these are brownie cupcakes?? Yes, my friends. Remember those amazing brownies I shared with you last week? Well, I went and turned those into brownie cupcakes.
And then I decorated them all Halloween-y and almost squealed at how cute they were. And I bet you can’t guess which other member of this household was quite smitten with them. Can you see my smirky face over here? Because my kid is even cuter than these cupcakes, especially when she gets excited over mommy’s baking creations.
I had an idea to do a layered brownie – a chocolate layer and a vanilla layer, colored orange. However, when baked, the separation of colors didn’t stick. Disappointing, but they turned out amazing and delicious anyway!
If you look close, you can see my attempt at an orange layer. Ha.
Halloween will be here in just a few short weeks, so make sure you make these Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes to share with all your little ghouls and goblins!
Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes
For the brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- Ghost cupcake liners (optional)
- Sprinkles, ghost toothpicks, and ghost candies for decorating (optional)
For the buttercream frosting
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add all four eggs, and mix until fluffy and well-combined.
- Add the salt, cocoa, and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until mixture is combined. It will be thick.
- Fill each cupcake liner about two-thirds full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In a large bowl using a stand or hand-held electric mixer beat the butter for about 1 minute to soften. Turn the mixer down to low speed and add the powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until the powdered sugar begins to incorporate, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and continue beating. Then mix in the vanilla and heavy cream. You can always add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, if you need to thin it out some.
- Spread or pipe the frosting on to your cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, ghost toothpicks and candies!