What a weekend!! Saturday I did a 2 mile run, then went tailgating (Hook ’em!), and then went country dancing with my friends. It was a long day, for sure, but such a fun one!! Sunday, however, I paid for all that fun. Let’s just say that yoga and a hangover, are not the best combination.
And after all those liquid calories, I needed a light dinner. 190 calories for this hearty salad!!
What could be better than that? And it required minimal time on my feet in the kitchen. Just long enough to chop up the veggies and whip the dressing together. Easy peasy. The roasted sweet potatoes were delicious, as always, the dressing was a nice twist from the norm with the curry powder, and the apples and celery added a nice crunch to the salad.
So, as I sit here writing this, preparing to watch the series finale of Army Wives, I’m feeling like my normal self (well, maybe a little tired still…) and my tummy is satisfied. Oh, and Bubba is laying here beside me snoring as if he had a bit too much to drink. Sheesh. Good thing I love the little guy! And I love this salad. A lot. And I think you should try it, asap!!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Citrus-Curry Dressing
Source: Pampered Chef – Spin on Salads
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, with tops
- 1 package fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup light mayo or miracle whip
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp prepared stone-ground Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices, and then into quarters. Place in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat.
- Pour potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, spread into a single layer, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 22 minutes, turning half-way through, until tender and browning. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining the mayo, mustard, curry powder, orange juice, and orange zest in a small bowl. Whisk to combine,and set aside.
- Place the cooled sweet potatoes in a large bowl, add the apple, celery, and green onion. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing and toss to combine.
Arrange the arugula on serving plates, then top with some of the remaining dressing and then the potato mixture.