Marinated Balsamic Salmon is a quick, easy, and deliciously healthy meal that you can have on your table in less than 20 minutes.
Original post May 11, 2011. Updated March 18, 2019.
It’s never been a secret around this place that I am a HUGE fan of balsamic vinegar. It pairs so well with so many things. Like, almost everything. Sweet and savory. That makes it pretty much a staple ingredient in my house. Granted, J is not as big of a fan as I am, but he likes it and goes along with my obesession with.
Hey, happy wife, happy life. And balsamic-anything makes this wife happy.
And if you like it even half as much as I do, then this marinated balsamic salmon will really hit the spot. Bonus points that it is so stinkin’ easy to make. Mix up the marinade, add the salmon, let it sit for a bit, then bake it. Make your sides while it’s baking, and voila! Dinner is on the table with minimal effort on your part. And a delicious, filling, and healthy dinner, at that!
How to Make Balsamic Salmon
- Combine the balsamic, honey, dijon and garlic in a shallow dish.
- Add the salmon and turn to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides!
I make salmon at least twice a month, sometimes more if it’s on sale, so keeping a good repertoire of salmon recipes in the rotation helps to keep the toddler and hubs from getting bored of it. And this recipe, my friends, is one that never gets boring.
Need more salmon recipes in your life? Who doesn’t?!
- Salmon BLT Tacos
- Salmon Greek Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Salmon with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Garlic Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
Marinated Balsamic Salmon
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 salmon filets
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix all ingredients except the salmon together in a shallow glass dish. Add the salmon, turn to coat both sides, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes**.
- Remove salmon from marinade* and place on prepared baking sheet and cook approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Remove and serve with your choice of sides!