This cherry limeade icebox pie is a creamy, dreamy dessert version of a soda shoppe classic drink. Delicious and no-bake – a perfect summer dessert all around!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% my own.
As far back as I can remember, I have loved cherry limeade. I actually don’t think I’ve ever even ordered another drink from Sonic. Is that weird? I just love the flavor combo so much! So, when I was planning out recipes for this week, for #SummerDessertWeek, there was just no way I couldn’t have something cherry limeade in the mix.
I’ve made cherry limeade cupcakes before, so I needed something different. Not cake. Not a beverage. Some dessert that would incorporate my beloved summer drink and do it justice. Well, friends. This cherry limeade icebox pie does just that. It’s cool and creamy and fully of cherry and lime flavor. Topped with homemade whipped cream and a lime slice and cherry on top. Because, of course it is!
I love everything about this pie. The bright, pink color; the cherry and lime flavors; the creamy, dreamy texture. It really is a summer dream dessert, come true!
It’s also really easy to put together. The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the fridge, overnight. But the mixing and the assembly…easy peasy! It’s no bake, so there’s no heating up your kitchen, either! I mean, how many more reasons do you need to make this?!?
Today is the first day of #SummerDessertWeek, and not only will I be sharing six delicious recipes with you, but there will also be recipes shared by 44 other amazing bloggers AND some amazing giveaways from our sponsors!! Make sure you check out the recipes for today and the prize packages, and enter the giveaway below!
What do you need to make Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie?
– Graham cracker crumbs
– Granulated sugar
– Butter, melted
– Cherry gelatin
– Boiling water
– Maraschino cherry juice
– Lime zest and juice
– Sweetened condensed milk
– Heavy whipping cream
– Powdered sugar
– Vanilla extract
– Maraschino cherries & lime slices, for garnish
And when it’s all said and done, you need a plate and a fork. Or just dive right into that pie plate with a fork and skip the plate. Worth. It.
Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (3 oz) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice (from jar)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish: maraschino cherries and lime slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well-combined and moist. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, stir together gelatin and 1 cup boiling water until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cherry juice and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- While the gelatin is chilling, stir together lime zest, lime juice and condensed milk. Once the gelatin has cooled, stir the lime mixture into it, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared crust and smooth out with a spatula. Carefully cover*, and refrigerate overnight.
- To make homemade whipped cream: Use an ice cold bowl or stand mixer bowl and whisk attachment. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to the bowl, and whisk at high speed for about 1 minute, or until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to whisk too long, or you’ll wind up with butter!
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream, cherries and lime slices!
Source: Taste of the South
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food