Happy Wednesday friends! I am so glad that we are half-way through this dreaded week. I am slowly getting all the pics re-posted on here, and want to thank you all for being patient while I get it done. In my menu planning I have a habit of trying to alternate which protein I use for the main dishes, but rarely do I make any sort of vegetarian dish. Mostly because I’m super picky about veggies, and I rarely find a main dish that suits my taste. However, while searching for taco recipes, I came across a few of the vegetarian variety and they looked great! And thus, they were added to the food calendar.
I love potatoes, though as I’ve mentioned before, I have haven’t been cooking with them much until recently. Now it seems I’m in potato overload. You think I’m kidding, just wait for Friday’s post! Anywho (and yes, I mean to say anywho, not anyhow), when I saw these Roasted Potato Tacos on Cassie Craves, I knew they were going to be delicious. Now, being the picky veggie eater that I am, I had to make some modifications but the flavors were amazing and I am super happy that I recently found Cassie’s blog…you should check it out!
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded pepperjack cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine potatoes, jalapeno, seasonings, and oil in a bowl. Stir until veggies are well-coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and cooke for 30-40 minutes on the middle rack.
- When cooked through and browned, assemble tacos and top with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.