I’m not sure I’ve been this happy for a Saturday in awhile. I mean, I’m always happy for Saturday, it’s my favorite day of the week, but this week was unusually hectic. And today…well, today I get to just sit back and relax. And what better way to relax than with some yummy food and good TV?
I rarely make pot roast. Not because I don’t like it, but it’s just not something that I think about when meal planning. But when I saw this recipe, I knew that it was time to revisit my old friend, the pot roast. What is better than waking up on a Saturday morning, throwing a pot roast and some tasty seasonings into the crockpot, then getting your household chores (or couch-sitting and tv watching) done while it cooks? By the time you’re hungry for lunch, the meat is ready to go.
Toasting the rolls gives the sliders a little bit of crunch, filled with tender pot roast, and topped with a creamy sriracha-horseradish sauce. Each bite is the perfect balance of flavor and texture, and I was really sad when it was all gone. These sliders reminded me how good pot roast is, and it will definitely be making more frequent appearances in my kitchen.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Sliders
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
1 3 lb beef roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 envelopes beef and onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 package Hawaiian Rolls (or your roll of choice)
- Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
- Sriracha Horseradish Sauce (recipe below)
For the Sriracha Horseradish Sauce
- 1/4 cup plain, fat free greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish sauce
- To make the pot roast, mix the water, salsa verde and seasoning packets together in a bowl. Put the pot roast in the crock pot and pour the mixture over the top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. Once done, shred the beef with two forks, or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- To make the sriracha horseradish sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl, until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Cut each of the rolls in half and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cut swiss slices into squares that will fit on the rolls, and place a square onto the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low for 1-2 minutes, just until the cheese had melted and the edges of the rolls are beginning to brown.
- Top each of the bottom rolls with the shredded pot roast, then a spoonful of the sriracha-horseradish sauce, and finally the top of the roll.
Surprise! Tag – I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Click on the link for info and don't forget to pay it forward :). Keep up the great work!