This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This french toast is stuffed with creamy peanut butter and bananas with the added bonus of bacon! A perfect dish for your next brunch!
There are so many options out there for brunch. Sweet, savory, carby, light. How in the world do you ever choose? I’ll tell you how I choose. I choose things that I wouldn’t have just any ol’ day. Like tacos. I could eat tacos any day (every day) so that’s not something I would typically choose for a brunch menu.
Something I don’t make or eat on a regular basis, but rather save for a special treat, is french toast. More specifically, stuffed french toast. It’s one of those dishes that is a comfort food, but can be decadent at the same time. It can be sweet or savory – or both! It’s filling, it’s delicious, and can be easily made for a brunch gathering.
Now this particular stuffed french toast is full of some classic Elvis flavors. You know, peanut butter and banana. And bacon. Because bacon is everything. Especially for brunch food. I love the added crunch it gives the french toast, amidst the softer, creamier peanut butter and banana.
J and Nat love peanut butter. I mean, I like peanut butter, but they love it. Like, eat it out of the jar with a spoon, kind of love. And there are phases of Nat loving bananas like a monkey, so I figured this would be a well-received dish for them both. And let me tell you – my people were happy! The biggest challenge was keeping little hands out of my bacon before I got it stuffed!
It has just a touch of sweetness from Dixie Crytals sugar, in the egg mixture, and sprinkled on top at the end.
If you haven’t already, check out the prize packages from our sponsors here, and enter to win below!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Get the recipe for this amazing stuffed french toast below AND be sure to check out all the other Brunch Week recipes at the bottom of the post!
Peanut Butter, Bacon & Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 8 slices bread (a heartier bread is best – like sourdough or a thicker wheat bread)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- maple syrup, for serving
- Dixie Crystals powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat (or bake in the oven, if you prefer!) until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain grease.
- In a shallow dish, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each of the 8 slices of bread. Top 4 of the slices with a layer of banana slices, followed by 3 of the bacon slices. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat, dip your stuffed French toast into the egg mixture – dip both sides – and place in the skillet. Do this in batches if necessary, adding more butter for each batch if needed. Cook each side until browned and crisp before turning and repeating on the other side. This can take 3-5 minutes per side, depending on your burner’s temperature. Low and slow is better than fast and burnt.
- Remove to a plate and drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar (I used a sifter to sprinkle it on). Top with extra banana slices, if you like!
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Guava Cosmopolitan from Family Around the Table
Guava Gin Fizz from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
How to make Italian Soda from Creative Southern Home
Strawberry Hibiscus Mint Julep from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Brown Sugar Bacon Palmiers from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Breakfast Potato Skins from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Keto Frittata with Bacon & Cheese from April Golightly
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Bacon & Sausage Breakfast Pizza from Eat Move Make
Bananas Foster Pancakes from The Nifty Foodie
Bacon Cheddar Mini Quiche from For the Love of Food
Chai Coffee Cake Muffins from Snacks and Sips
Churro French Toast from The Redhead Baker
Easy Braided Bacon Cheddar Bread Wreath from Cooking With Carlee
Ham and Cheddar Bread Pudding from Cookaholic Wife
Overnight Oatmeal 3 Ways from Big Bear’s Wife
Peanut Butter, Bacon, & Banana Stuffed French Toast from Sweet Beginnings
Princess Toast from Seduction in the Kitchen
Sourdough Bagels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Apple Cheddar, Bacon Quesadillas from Books n’ Cooks
Blueberry Cheddar Sausage from GirlCarnivore
Cheesy Hot Chicken & Waffles from The Crumby Kitchen
Bananas Foster Breakfast Yogurt Cheesecakes from The Spiffy Cookie
Chocolate Pecan Congo Squares from Love and Confections
French Lemon Yogurt Cake from Caroline’s Cooking
Mango Gooey Butter Bars from Hardly A Goddess
Shoofly Pie from Platter Talk
Walnut Crumb Cookies from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.