This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This eggs benedict cobb salad is everything you love about eggs benedict and cobb salad in one amazing breakfast salad – that you can enjoy any time of day!
I love eggs. Scrambled, over-easy, hard-boiled. But for the majority of my life – until about 6 years ago, actually – I had never had a poached egg. Then I tried eggs benedict while on vacation in Florida with one of my besties. And it. was. amazing. It was only last year when I finally attempted to make them myself. And it took a few tries and some poor, destroyed eggs, to get it right.
I also love salad. Especially a cobb salad. So, when planning recipes for this event, it came to me to combine these two loves. Eggs Benedict and cobb salad.
You get all the components of Eggs Benedict – the English muffin, ham, poached eggs, and a hollandaise-ish dressing, and the cobb salad components with poached eggs instead of hard-boiled and ham instead of bacon. But, still eggs, and still pork, so…it counts! And cheese. Glorious Vermont sharp cheddar from Cabot Creamy Co-operative! I adore their cheese and get so excited anytime they sponsor an event I’m participating in. And they have one hella great prize package to give away to one lucky winner – be sure you enter for a chance to be that winner!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out this post for the list of prizes! And be sure you don’t miss out on all the great recipes posted so far this week. Scroll down to check out today’s, after you get this recipe, of course!
Eggs Benedict Cobb Salad
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, peel and pit removed, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup Cabot Shredded Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 large eggs
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread the English muffin pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast for 7 minutes, until golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In two bowls, divide the chopped lettuce, and top with half of the avocado, tomatoes, ham, cheese, and English muffin pieces, leaving room in the middle for your poached eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients except salt and pepper. Mix well, taste and add salt and pepper to taste. If you’d like it a little thinner, add a little more vinegar.
- Place a large dutch oven, half-full of water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a very low boil – where bubbles surface every so often, instead of constant. Putting your eggs in with less turbulance in the water will help them stay together better.
- While getting the water ready, get your eggs ready for poaching. There are two methods that I have found to work well. One is to crack the eggs, working with one at a time, into a small bowl and the holding it very close to the water, gently pour the egg in. The other way is to use a fine mesh strainer, crack the eggs (working with one at a time) in the strainer, over the sink, and allow some of the loose, runny egg white to strain out. Then carefully pour the egg from the strainer into the water. Repeat with remaining eggs. I used the latter method this time,and it worked really well for me. If the whites seem to be spreading more than you’d like, use a spoon to gently coax the whites back around the yolk. Cook for just a minute or two, until the whites are cooked (but the yolk will still be runny*), then gently remove from the water with a slotted spoon. and place 2 eggs in the center of each of the prepared salads. Drizzle with dressing and top with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
4 Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri from Hardly A Goddess
Dairy Free Peach Italian Cream Soda from Cookaholic Wife
Mango Strawberry Smoothie from The Mandatory Mooch
Peach Guava Italian Soda from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Peach Mimosas from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Sparkling Strawberry Peach Punch from For the Love of Food
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Deviled Ham Spread from Platter Talk
Eggs Benedict Cobb Salad from Sweet Beginnings
Everything Bagel Dip from Snacks and Sips
Savory Pull Apart Cheesy Pinwheels from Who Needs A Cape?
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Lobster Eggs Benedict from The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Banana Split Muffin Recipe from Creative Southern Home
Croissant French Toast Cups from Family Around the Table
Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls from Kate’s Recipe Box
Vegan Mango Peach Toaster Pastries from The Baking Fairy
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Chorizo, Papas, y Queso Enchiladas from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Sandwich Cake (Smörgåstårta) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Blackberry-Mascarpone Dessert Pizza from Tip Garden
Brown Sugar Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
Brunch Cake from April Golightly
Kiss Of Chocolate Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Rainbow Biscotti from The Crumby Kitchen
Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip Cookies from Simply Healthyish Recipes
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.