This simple, but delicious paprika chicken with avocado salsa can be on your table in less than 20 minutes!
I am one of those people who can eat chicken for many consecutive days, or even meals, and not get tired of it. Granted, not the same exact meal, but chicken nonetheless. J, however, is not. He’d prefer not to have it more than once a week, if we’re being honest. But he could eat venison it various forms every day with no problem.
Granted, there is the saying about another boring chicken recipe for a reason. I guess there are a lot of them out there? And people make them often? I can only speak for myself and my kitchen, but I try to keep things varied and full of flavor. Like this paprika chicken.
It’s the perfect weeknight meal – taking less than 20 minutes to prepare, and it is far from boring in flavor! Even the pickiest of eaters won’t be able to resist. Unless the don’t like avocado. In which case…I just have no words. Because, avocados are life y’all.
Also, paprika is a grossly underused spice. Not only does it give food a great color, but it adds such a great flavor – and there are so many varieties of it! Regular, Hungarian, Smoked, Sweet. So many flavor possibilties.
This chicken can be grilled on a pit, cooked in a skillet or a grill pan. However you make it, it will be amazing. And you will be in love.
Paprika Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced or pounded thin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Sweet Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Season the chicken on both sides with the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown (or has nice grill marks) and cooked through.
- Remove from the skillet, squeeze a bit of of lemon juice on top and set aside. Repeat the process with any remaining chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the lemon juice, avocado, tomatoes, and green onions in a small bowl. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chicken with avocado salsa.
Source: What’s Gabby Cooking?
Don't feel bad, Jaida. We've lived in our place 4 years. Still no stuff on the walls. My 8 month old son only JUST had his room painted. The 3 year old is still waiting.