Are you Sons of Anarchy fans? If you aren’t, you are missing out big time!! Jax Teller…um, yes please!! Last night was the season premier, and boy was it a good one!! A moment of bad acting towards the end made me roll my eyes, but overall I’m super excited about this season. Seems that all my Fall shows are coming back on this week and next, so I will definitely be spending more time at home just me, my DVR and some good food!
Speaking of good food, do you remember the fantastitcal burgers I posted on Saturday?The stuffed hatch chile ones? Well, now it’s time for me to share the recipe for that fantastical hatch chile queso that was poured on top of it!
I will admit that I have never made queso without using processed cheese of some sort…but when I saw Shawnda’s queso, it looked very similar to the queso blanco that I make and I knew that I had to try a non-processed version!
It was super simple to make and oh-so-delicious! If you don’t eat it quickly or have leftovers, just pop it back in the micro to thin it out again. Easy peasy and so yummy!! Who needs processed cheese now?? Not this girl! And, if you don’t have hatch chiles (i.e. they are out of season) you could definitely substitute jalapenos, poblanos, etc. and still have an awesome queso for all those game days coming up!
Hatch Chile con Queso
Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride
1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 roasted hatch chiles, chopped (skin, seeds, and stems removed)
- 4-6 Tbsp milk
- 8 oz white American cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in small sauce pan over medium heat. Saute onion for 3-5 minutes, until transluscent.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more, then add the chiles and 4 tablespoons of milk, stirring until heated.
- Add grated cheese one handful at a time, occasionally stirring between additions to incorporate melted cheese with the milk. If too thick, add more milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm with chips.