I feel like this is one of those posts that is almost too simple to call a “recipe”, but it’s also too good not to share with you all.
One thing I will never pass up is my favorite fruit. My favorite fruit being most berries…blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries specifically. Blueberries I like in things, like muffins and bagels or smoothies, but not so much by themselves. I also love kiwi and Granny Smith apples, YUM.
Anywho, I digress. I also love salads. All kinds of salads, but I’ve always had a special love for salad with fruit. Like, mandarin oranges and dried cranberries, for example. One of my all time favs. So, any salad I see that is loaded with fruit, I’m drawn to. This one was no different. And it’s nothing complicated, though I wish I had been able to make the dressing that part of the original recipe I got this salad from…it would have been even more amazing than the raspberry vinaigrette I used.
You can have this salad on your table in, say…15 minutes. The only thing that takes any time at all is grilling the chicken. And peeling and slicing the kiwi. And that’s just minutes! Also, if you have a love for other berries or fruit, feel free to add or substitute whatever tickles your fancy. Love blueberries? Add them! Hate raspberries? Leave them out! Apples, oranges, etc. So many options! But please, no bananas. Bananas do not belong in this salad.
Chicken, Berry, and Feta Spinach Salad
As seen on Carlsbad Cravings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- raspberry vinaigrette (or other dressing of choice)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Divide spinach among bowls (2-4 servings depending on how big you want your salad!), then top with equal portions of raspberries, blackberries, kiwi and strawberries. Add chicken chunks, sprinkle with feta cheese, and top with dressing! It’s that easy!