Is it Friday yet? Oh, wait. It sorta is…I’m off work tomorrow for the 4th, so today is like Friday! Woohoo!! And, if we’re really lucky, the office will actually close at noon today. Let the celebration begin!! And, by celebration, I mean the Criminal Minds season 1 DVD marathon that is waiting for me at home. My life is very exciting. I know you’re jealous.
But, aside from myself into the couch, I also have a little cooking, a little baking, and maybe a little beverage making, planned. Maybe even a trip to the pool with T and Baby C. She’ll be said I didn’t save these tacos to share with her. I’ve made a few shredded pork tacos, but this is the first I’ve made with seasoned pork chunks, that took less than 10 minutes to cook! Yeah, you read that right!! And let me tell you..the faster cooking time did not lessen the flavor. The pork actually held the seasoning really well, and was great with the tangy slaw. This one ranks up in the top 5 of the tacos I’ve made so far. And that’s saying something. Because I’ve had some great ones. And you know I love me some tacos.
You should make these for dinner tonight, and start your 4th of July celebration off with a bang. Of flavor that is!
Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Tangy Slaw
Source: For the Love of Cooking
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 pork tenderloin, silver skin removed, cubed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Tangy Slaw (recipe below)
- Flour Tortillas
- Salsa, if desired
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until tender.
- While the onion is cooking, combine the pork, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, sea salt and pepper, in a medium bowl.
- Add the pork to the skillet and stir to combine with onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Warm tortillas, spoon pork in the center and top with slaw. Serve with salsa, if desired.
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups of green cabbage, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 small green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Add the cabbage, cilantro, green onions, and carrots and mix well.