This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #PureTwist #DrinkPure #CollectiveBias
This sparkling basil lemonade cocktail is the perfect, refreshing summer drink to cool off with!
I can’t believe we’re at the end of August already, can you? Summer has flown by, yet seemed to drag on at the same time. I am a summer girl, without a doubt, but even I am over the excessive 19+ days of 100 degree temps.
On the weekends we usually like to hang out on the back deck, grill some dinner, and take a dip in the pool, and enjoy a refreshing drink. A couple of months ago I started looking for lower calorie alternatives to my typical vodka drinks.
White Claw® Hard Seltzer, which is made using a blend of seltzer water, gluten free BrewPure® alcohol, and natural flavor, contains 5% alcohol, 100 calories, and 0g carbs. That’s right, 100 calories and zero carbs. And did you know that if you mix that deliciousness with a mike’s® Hard Lemonade – a flavored malt beverage that uses real lemons (including the zest), and a basil leaf, you get a better-for-you cocktail that is light, refreshing, and delicious.
The perfect beverage to beat this summer heat. Even my dear husband, who is usually a beer-only guy, asked me to make him one and kept commenting how it was, “so refreshing!” If that doesn’t tell you something, then I’m not sure how else I can convey how perfectly amazing this cocktail is.
How do you make a sparkling basil lemonade cocktail? It’s really very simple.
1. Take two glasses and add a basil leaf to the bottom of each glass. Muddle the basil leaf to help release the flavor.
2. Add ice cubes to each glass.
3. Pour half a can of White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer into each glass.
4. Top each glass with half a bottle of mike’s Hard Lemonade Original.
5. Place a straw in each glass and light stir.
You can find White Claw Hard Seltzer and mike’s Hard Lemonade at most grocery or convenient stores, so make sure you have some on hand this weekend to make these delicious sparkling basil lemonade cocktails!
Sparkling Basil Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 basil leaves
- ice cubes
- 12 oz White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer
- 12 oz mike's Hard Lemonade Original
- Place 1 basil leaf in each of 2 glasses. Muddle basil to help release the flavor into the drink.
- Add ice cubes to each glass, about half full.
- Pour half the White Claw Pure Hard Seltzer into each glass.
- Pour half the mike's Hard Lemonade Original into each glass.
- Stir gently, and enjoy!