Oh Recipe Swap, how I love thee. Participating in the recipe swaps has not only exposed me to tons of great recipes, but has also allowed me to “meet” some really great ladies and fellow bloggers. Nichole of The Cookaholic Wife, is one such lady that I have been fortunate to interact with in several blogging events, and I even passed on the Liebster Award to her awhile back!
The theme for this week’s swap was Healthy Recipes (in honor of all of our effort to get back on the healthy living wagon), and I received Nichole’s recipe for Scallops with Asian Green Bean Salad. Sarah knew that I would love this one when she saw it was assigned to me, and she was right! Not only do I love Asian flavors, but seafood as well. This was the perfect combination and a meal that didn’t need any sides or additions! Thank you Nichole for another great recipe!
Scallops with Asian Green Bean Salad
Source: The Cookaholic Wife
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 20-30 green beans, trimmed
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Saute the celery and green beans for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and then coat with sesame seeds.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and add to the bowl with the dressing. Add the sesame oil to the skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through and they develop a dark crust.
- Spoon the vegetables over the pasta and top with the scallops. Drizzle with the dressing.