Helloooooo friends!! I’ve been trying to get this post up all week, but was feeling terrible the last couple of days. At first I thought it was a cold (Spring colds are the worst), and J was convinced it was allergies. But you see, I’ve never had an allergy to anything my entire life. Never, ever. So, I told him, “I don’t have any allergies.” And as I kept sneezing and sniffling he looks over at me and says, “Good thing you don’t have allergies.” Isn’t he hilarious y’all? I tried to deny it, and kept taking meds for a cold, but nothing was helping.
Then yesterday at work, a co-worker told me about an allergy med that is the only one that works for him. It seems that after 7 years living in Austin, at almost 33 years old, I have developed allergies. Awesome. Not really, but hey…at least I took the proper meds and am starting to feel human again, right?? And now I can share this awesome recipe with you!!
As seen on La Bella Vita Cucina
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 jumbo eggs
- Lemon wedges, tartar sauce and/or garlic butter sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine panko, flour, seasonings, cheese, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Take each fillet and dip in the egg, then into the panko mixture. Then do it again…dip in the egg, dip in the panko mixture.
- Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and bake about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite tartar sauce or garlic butter sauce.