Since I will also be going to a barbecue at my mom’s house on Saturday, I decided it would be fun for us to make cake pops, both for Monkey’s birthday and to take to my mom’s for the nieces and nephew to enjoy as well. I figure JF and I can make the pops together, and if Monkey wants to he can help us put some sprinkles on. But I’m sure he will mostly just want to eat them!
After the barbecue on Saturday I will be making my way home to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. I’m sure I will indulge in a bit more baking, but mostly I just hope to relax a bit. What are your Labor Day plans?
To start the weekend off right, I made this simple and delicious creamy chicken dish. It’s not very often that I make chicken with a sauce. Or at least not that comes to mind right now. I’m not sure why, since I actually really love sauce with any meat dish! It was done in a flash and it tasted so, so good!! If you are looking for something easy to make over this long weekend, this dish definitely fits the bill!!
Chicken with Creamy Dijon Sauce
Source: This Woman Cooks!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Add shallots to pan; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and rosemary. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Dijon mustard. Place chicken in sauce and turn to coat.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!!