These tailgate sliders with creamy red pepper sauce are the perfect finger food for football season. But let’s be honest, the creamy red pepper sauce is the real MVP, here.
Original post September 9, 2011; Updated text and photos September 21. 2019
Fall is just around the corner, I’m convinced of it. The weather has cooled slightly here in Texas – meaning it is in the 90’s in the afternoon, instead of 105. And a big part of Fall, in Texas is – FOOTBALL!! And a big part of football, is…TAILGATING! Or, if you aren’t hanging out in a parking lot pre-game, you may be pre-gaming at home, with lots of yummy food.
In either case, you need these Tailgate Sliders on your menu. The creamy roasted red pepper sauce is really what makes these spectacular, and it’s so simple to make. I mean, the entire recipe is really easy to make. Just a few standard burger ingredients, guac, and an amazing sauce and you’ll be the food MVP!
I definitely have a love for finger food, appetizers, bar food – whatever you want to call it. So any excuse to make party food, I’m all in. I first made these sliders about 8 years ago, adding the creamy red pepper sauce from my Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce – and you guys…it is the best. thing. EVER. The sauce definitely makes these sliders. And you definitely need these sliders at your next tailgating party. But these sliders aren’t the only tailgating food you can find here today!
In the spirit of football season and all things tailgating-food-related, I’ve joined up with 15 of my blogger friends to share some amazing tailgating party recipes with you! Make sure you check out the links at the bottom of the post!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, or other slider buns
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- 4 Cheddar cheese slices, cut into quarters
Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Reduced-fat mayo or miracle whip
- 3-4 roasted red peppers from 7 ½ oz jar, drained well
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 lg avocados
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp each – salt and pepper, or more to taste
- Place ground beef into a medium-sized bowl, and mix in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Separate ground beef into 8 golf-ball sized balls and mash down to ½ thick patties.
- Heat your grill, pan or griddle to a medium-high heat and lightly coat with cooking spray or olive oil. Cook patties to your desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the red pepper sauce and guacamole, slice tomatoes, tear lettuce into smaller pieces to fit slider buns, and cut cheese slices into smaller squares.
- Just before the patties are done, put the slider buns on the grill or separate skillet to toast.
- To build slider, slather red pepper sauce on the bottom bun, place meat patty, 2 quartered cheese slices, tomato slice, and lettuce, then add guacamole to the top bun to complete!
For the Creamy Red Pepper Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together in food processor until well-blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Guacamole:
- Remove peel and seeds from avocados and place in small bowl. Mash until mostly smooth, and then add garlic powder, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Taste, and add additional seasonings if needed.
Welcome to our #TailgateParty!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to make your next tailgating party the best and most delicious party ever!
Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls by Daily Dish Recipes
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Everyday Eileen
Brat Bites with Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Brutus Burgers by The Spiffy Cookie
Buffalo Snack Mix by Kate’s Recipe Box
Cubano Dip by The Freshman Cook
Dutch Oven Party Twist Loaf by Simply Inspired Meals
Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing by Family Around the Table
Quick Brined Chicken Thighs by The Beard and The Baker
Smoked Pork and Cheddar Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sourdough Baguettes with Classic Pimento Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Spice-Rubbed Pork Chop + Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Tailgate Sliders by Sweet Beginnings
Tailgate Three Meat Chili by Our Good Life