Taco, taco maaaaaan. I’ve got to be a taco man – err wo-man, rather.
But you get the gist. I love Taco Tuesdays. Heck, I just love tacos! I was looking the other day and I have 69 tacos on the blog, including this one. 69, y’all. That is a LOT of tacos. And a lot of deliciousness. I stopped doing Taco Tuesday for awhile because I thought maybe that was too many tortillas, but I just…couldn’t stay away. I love them too much! Besides, once a week isn’t terrible. Right? Right. And I have a tasty one to share today:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tortillas (your choice – I used a corn and whole wheat blend)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup (or more) shredded cheese (I used a Mexi-blend)
- Season the steak with cumin and chili powder, toss to evenly coat.
- Add coconut oil to a large sauce pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds, then increase the heat to medium high and add the steak.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add the coconut milk, red curry paste and salt, and stir to combine. Cook for about 5 more minutes, until steak is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- To assemble the tacos, warm your tortillas and top with Lay tortillas out, top with steak, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and shredded cheese. Use any leftover sauce from the pan to drizzle on top for some extra flavor!