I’d never had tandoori chicken, but I can say now that I have found another Indian-flavored dish that I love. The mango chutney (also found at World Market, in case you can’t find any…) was also really good. Yep…winner, winner, chicken dinner!! You need some culture in your life. You need these tacos. Trust me.
Tandoori Chicken Tacos
Source: Bev Cooks
- 1 lb chicken thighs, trimmed of any excess fat
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp tandoori paste
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp sweet mango chutney
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt and tandoori paste to make the marinade. Place the chicken into a bowl or baking dish and cover with the marinade, coating well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add the sliced red onions and cook until caramelized, about 40 minutes.
- To cook the chicken, heat remaining oil on a grill pan or in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from heat and cover to rest 5 minutes, the cut into thin strips.
- Warm the tortillas, top with chicken slices, onions, romaine, cilantro, and a spoonful of mango chutney.