I think I have fallen in love…with jalapeno ranch sauce! My friend Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking kept telling me that I needed to try these tacos, if only for the sauce and holy crap am I annoyed at myself for putting it off so long. I mean, I want to put the sauce on everything! I made just a couple of changes to her recipe, but nothing major, and I literally found myself wishing it was acceptable to drink it. I still have a bowl in the fridge that I’m dying to use before I have to throw it out. (I’ve already found out that it’s good on sausage wraps…)
I’ve loved most of the taco recipes I’ve made since beginning Taco Tuesday, but this one catapulted to the top of the list for sure! The shrimp cooks quickly after a short marinade and the sauce really is just too good to resist. Add these to next week’s menu (or this week if you still have room!) and you will thank me, I promise!
Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Sauce
Source: A Taste of Home Cooking
1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapenos, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 packet (spicy) ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Flour tortillas
- Angel hair cabbage
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili, and cayenne in a bowl. Marinate shrimp for up to 30 minutes.
- Heat grill, grill pan, or in a skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In the mean time, combine jalapenos with ranch dressing and sour cream in a food processor and blend until smooth. Warm the tortillas while the shrimp are cooking.
- Spoon some sauce onto a tortilla, then top with shrimp, shredded cabbage, and cheese. Drizzle with extra sauce and enjoy!