This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These sugar cookies bars are soft and chewy, with a peach buttercream frosting and sprinkles that are perfect for spring!
What a week it has been, my friends! I hope you have been checking out all the amazing recipes this week for BrunchWeek and saving them to make later – because there are so many! Today is the final day, and also your last chance to enter the giveaway, so make sure you do. There are 6 amazing prize packages you could win!
My final contribution to this week had to be a dessert, because that’s what you finish a brunch with, right?? I am very particular about my cookies. I only like soft, chewy cookies. I don’t do crunchy, crisp, whatever you want to call them. It’s just not my thang. So, these sugar cookie bars are perfect for me. So soft and chewy, and topped with a buttercream frosting that has just the perfect hint of peach flavor for Torani‘s peach syrup. It just screams spring!
It doesn’t hurt, either, that the frosting is nearly as thick as the cookie bars. You know, ratio and all that jazz. I used Dixie Crystals granualted sugar in the bars, and powdered sugar in the frosting because good quality sugar is so important! And then there’s the sprinkles. Y’all. Aren’t they the cutest?? They’e called confetti quins, from Sweets & Treats, and as soon as I saw them, I knew I had to have them for these bars! Spring colors, and such a fun, round shape. I think they put the perfect finishing touch on these sugar cookie bars.
I really had so much fun making these sugar cookie bars, experimenting with the Torani syrup to make the frosting, and decorating with those cute sprinkles! I had to store those sprinkles up high in a cabinet until I used them though, since Nat thought she needed to have (i.e. eat) them for herself.
I took them to J’s family’s Easter get together, and then took the few that were remaining to work the next day. Let’s just say, they didn’t make it half-way through the week. These are a crowd-pleaser, y’all. Soft, chewy sugar cookie, topped with peach buttercream frosting, and adorable sprinkles. They’ll be requested all spring (year!) long!
Please be sure to enter the giveaway, if you haven’t already. Our sponsors have been so generous and have some really great prize packages to give away.a Rafflecopter giveaway
And don’t forget to check out all the recipes from the final day, below!
Sugar Cookie Bars with Peach Frosting
For the sugar cookie base:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Torani Peach Syrup
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Sweets & Treats Confetti Quins sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×13 cake pan or baking dish with foil or parchment paper. If useing foil spray with cooking spray (preferable with flour in it!)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl if using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as necessary.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Spread the dough evenly into your prepared pan (use your hands, the bottom of a glass, etc. if necessary to make it easier!) Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely, before frosting.
For the Peach Buttercream Frosting:
- In the bowl of your (cleaned out) stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the butter until smooth. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, with 1 tablespoon of the peach syrup and the heavy cream until all the ingredients have been added and the frosting is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Taste and add an additional tablespoon of peach syrup if you would like a stronger peach flavor.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cookie base and add the sprinkles. Cut into squares (I did 4×5 rows, but you could do 4×6 for a little smaller squares, to make 24 bars!) Serve and enjoy!
Source: Something Swanky
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Blackberry Peach Crush from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Guava Lemonade from Shockingly Delicious
Mango Lemonade Vodka Cooler from The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Bacon Ranch Tortilla Rollups from The Mandatory Mooch
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Souffle from Cookaholic Wife
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Bacon Cheddar Scones from The Nifty Foodie
Savory Palmiers from Caroline’s Cooking
Vegan Biscuits & Gravy from The Baking Fairy
Easy Champagne Cupcakes from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Lavender Panna Cotta with Lemon Curd from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Ricotta Cookies from April Golightly
Rosemary Lavender Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Streusel Kuchen (German Coffee Cake) from Platter Talk
Sugar Cookie Bars with Peach Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
White Chocolate Snack Clusters from Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.