These sugar cookies bars are soft and chewy, with a peach buttercream frosting and sprinkles that are perfect for spring!
I really had so much fun making these sugar cookie bars, experimenting with the Torani syrup to make the frosting, and decorating with those cute sprinkles! I had to store those sprinkles up high in a cabinet until I used them though, since Nat thought she needed to have (i.e. eat) them for herself.
I took them to J’s family’s Easter get together, and then took the few that were remaining to work the next day. Let’s just say, they didn’t make it half-way through the week. These are a crowd-pleaser, y’all. Soft, chewy sugar cookie, topped with peach buttercream frosting, and adorable sprinkles. They’ll be requested all spring (year!) long!
And don’t forget to check out the recipe below!
Sugar Cookie Bars with Peach Frosting
For the sugar cookie base:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Torani Peach Syrup
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Sweets & Treats Confetti Quins sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×13 cake pan or baking dish with foil or parchment paper. If useing foil spray with cooking spray (preferable with flour in it!)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl if using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as necessary.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Spread the dough evenly into your prepared pan (use your hands, the bottom of a glass, etc. if necessary to make it easier!) Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely, before frosting.
For the Peach Buttercream Frosting:
- In the bowl of your (cleaned out) stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the butter until smooth. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, with 1 tablespoon of the peach syrup and the heavy cream until all the ingredients have been added and the frosting is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Taste and add an additional tablespoon of peach syrup if you would like a stronger peach flavor.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cookie base and add the sprinkles. Cut into squares (I did 4×5 rows, but you could do 4×6 for a little smaller squares, to make 24 bars!) Serve and enjoy!
Source: Something Swanky
Leave a Reply