When winter really digs its heels in, a warm and comforting drink is the perfect way to fight off the cold weather. This spiced caramel apple cider will warm your insides and make your tastebuds sing!
It’s no surprise that this summer baby is not a fan of being cold. Sure, I love a good sweater and pair of boots, but I’d much rather be rocking some shorts and flip flops. So, when winter rolls around – however sporadic and fleeting it may be in Texas, I will do just about anything to stay warm.
And really, what better way than to warm from the inside, out?? I love, love, love hot cocoa and apple cider. They are, without a doubt, some of my favorite drinks to have in front of a roaring fire. So, when I was invited to participate in an event with a group of lovely bloggers, sharing warm winter drinks, I knew I had to share this cider!
Sure, you can buy pre-made apple cider, or the powder packets (I keep a box in my pantry!), but there is just something about homemade winter drinks that make them extra satisfying and comforting. The smell alone makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And, it’s really easy! Other than the time you wait, it’s just about as easy as warming up a mug of pre-made or pouring a powder packet in some hot water and stirring. It really is!
You just add your fruit, spices, and water to a crock-pot, turn it on and let it do it’s thing! Then mash it all up, strain out the solids and serve it up for all to enjoy. How much easier could it be??
And the caramel syrup takes care of the sweetening factor, so no need to add a bunch of sugar while cooking. That makes it delicious and a healthier version!! Win-win!
Yes, I posted a salted caramel apple cider martini a few weeks ago and here I am posting another caramel apple cider drink – but it’s because they are so stinkin’ delicious! And this one can be enjoyed by the whole family, littles and all! You can even add a little whipped cream and caramel sauce on top, if you want!
Make sure you check out all the other amazing drinks to warm you up, below!!
Spiced Caramel Apple Cider
- 2 Gala apples
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 large navel orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 4 cups water
- 3-4 Tbsp Caramel syrup (I used Toranie salted caramel)
- cinnamon sticks, apple slices, caramel squares, whipped cream and/or caramel sauce for garnish, if desired
- Place fruit and spices in your slow cooker and pour water on top. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Mash all ingredients with a potato masher or something similar, to really get the flavor into the liquid. Then, using a mesh strainer, cheese cloth or something similar, pour the liquid through it, into a large bowl, straining out all of the solids.
- Stir in the caramel syrup (Start with 3 tablespoons, and add more to your desired sweetness), and ladle into your glasses or mugs. You can garnish with extra cinnamon sticks, apple slices, caramel squares, whipped cream, and caramel sauce, as desired!
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup and Caramel Macchiato by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Dark Chocolate Orange Hot Cocoa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Eggnog by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Malted Cocoa by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Original Irish Coffee by Family Around the Table
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate by Palatable Pastime
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Caramel Apple Cider by Sweet Beginnings
- Wassail and the Tradition of Toasting by Culinary Adventures with Camilla