One of the best things about the blogging community is getting to know other bloggers through food. People that you will likely never meet in real life, you are able to become familiar with through their writing and their recipes. I have a few favorites that I visit on a daily basis, and when I have time I like to go back through posts that were made prior to when I began following their blogs. Shelbi at Look Who’s Cookin’ Now, is one such blogger. She is just too cute and she posts a lot of great recipes! I ran across this combination over the weekend, and decided I would try both things!! I love shrimp, I love risotto, and I absolutely adore lemon, so this was a no-brainer for me! Thanks to Shelbi for sharing this, and for my readers – you should definitely stop over to check out her site for some inspiration!
Adapted From: Look Who’s Cookin’ Now
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat chicken broth in a small pot and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet and cook shallots until they start to turn translucent.
- Stir rice into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Simmer until evaporated, stirring the whole time.
- Stir in chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to stir, until it is absorbed.
- When the last 1/2 cup is almost absorbed, add remaining 1 Tbsp of butter, parsley and parmesan.
- Serve hot!