These Sheet Pan Loaded Chicken Nachos are perfect for a quick and easy dinner any night of the week, but are especially fun for a finger food Friday!
I have a fondness for finger food. For bar food fare, really. And nachos are one of those type of fare. I love a good nacho platter, and the more delicious toppings, the better. These sheet pan loaded chicken nachos are just that…loaded, with toppings and deliciousness.
Loaded chicken nachos are topped with shredded chicken, plenty of cheese, black beans, a variety of veggies, sour cream, and hot sauce!
You can make the shredded chicken in an instant pot, slow cooker, or skillet – but I prefer the instant pot because I can cook it while I chop the other toppings and preheat the oven. And nachos are so customizable, so you can add whatever toppings you like!
I like classic, basic toppings like avocado, diced tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro. Shredded lettuce, olives, and green onions are good options, too. Oh, and don’t forget the sour cream and hot sauce!!
By laying the chips out close together but not overlapping them, they will be easier to pick up and eat. And just look at that bite, you guys.
How to make Loaded Chicken Nachos:
1. Cook chicken in Instant Pot or slow cooker, and shred.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Cover the bottom of a baking sheet with chips and top with shredded chicken, black beans and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Add additional toppings, sour cream and hot sauce.
If you like these Sheet Pan Loaded Chicken Nachos, check out these other recipes:
Follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Sheet Pan Loaded Chicken Nachos
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, pepper jack, etc.)
- 15 oz black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lg avocado, peel and pit removed, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lg jalapeno, sliced
- sour cream and/or hot sauce for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make shredded chicken: spray the bottom of your instant pot* insert with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to instant pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth to the bottom. Seal cover, make sure vent spout is closed, and cook on high pressure for 15-17 minutes. Allow to depressurize for 5 minutes before releasing valve. Use two forks to shred chicken (or add to stand mixer with paddle attachment and shred that way.)
- Cover the bottom of a large baking sheet wiht tortilla chips. You want them close together, but not overlapping.
- Top with shredded chicken and black beans, then cover generously with shredded cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado slices, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeno slices, then drizzle with sour cream and hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately!
More Loaded Nacho Recipes:
Breakfast Nachos by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Italian Meatball Nachos by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Loaded Vegan Nachos by Veggies First, Then Dessert
Mexican Street Corn Nachos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos by Sweet Beginnings
Steak Fajita Nachos by Art of Natural Living