These classic sausage cheese balls are the perfect appetizer for your upcoming holiday parties!
Originally posted December 2011. Photos and content updated December 18, 2019 to improve reader experience.
I look forward to the holiday season every year for so many reasons. Christmas is my favorite holiday, by far, partly for the decorations, the baking, buying and wrapping presents for my loved ones, but also because of the food. Mainly the party foods. Like…these amazing sausage cheese balls.
Not only are they delicious, but they only need a few ingredients and they’re really easy to throw together. I’ll add that they’re also a little dangerous, in that they are so tasty that you want to keep eating them, but they are also filling so you are stuffed to the gills before you know it!
How to make sausage cheese balls:
1.) Mix all your ingredients together in a large bowl.
2.) Form into 1-inch balls.
3.) Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
4.) Allow to cool slightly, then serve with chili sauce!
If you put these on the table at a party, you’ll be suprised (or maybe not) at how quickly they will disappear. When I made these for just my little family of three, most of them were gone in one sitting. Less than ten remained to be eaten later. Which brings me to a good question.
Can you reheat sausage cheese balls?
While I believe these sausage cheese balls are at their best when fresh from the oven, they can be reheated. In the oven. Please. If you heat them in the microwave they will not be nearly as good. They get kind of…chewy. My recommendation is to heat them on a baking pan in the oven, under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so you don’t burn them, or at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
I like chili sauce (found in the condiment aisle by the ketchup) to dip sausage cheese balls in, but you may be like my three year old and want to dip them in ranch. Wasn’t my cup o’ tea, but hey – whatever works for you!
Tailor the dip to your liking, but make sure you add these to your upcoming holiday party menu!
If you like this recipe, you may also like these!
Follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 lb sausage (pork or venison)
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (optional, for dipping)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients, besides chili sauce, to a large bowl and mix with hands. Use a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the mixture and roll with your hands to make smooth balls. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Make sure you give them space, as they will spread when baking.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from baking sheet to a serving bowl.
- Serve warm with chili sauce for dipping, if desired.