id="dpsp-content-top" class="dpsp-content-wrapper dpsp-shape-rounded dpsp-column-3 dpsp-has-spacing dpsp-hide-on-mobile dpsp-button-style-1 dpsp-has-icon-background dpsp-has-button-background dpsp-show-total-share-count dpsp-show-total-share-count-after">
Unwrinkle that nose of yours. I know that you’re probably thinking, What is wrong with her??? And no, I am not pregnant. Really, it’s just like any regular sandwich, without the meat. Yes, I put chips on my sandwiches. Always. I like the added little crunch it gives. Mmm. Even when I eat a regular grilled cheese, I always have a chip with every bite. And usually a bite of pickle too!! This sandwich was just meant for me. Kismet, perhaps?
I’ll admit, I was a little unsure how this would turn out texture wise. I was afraid I’d get soggy bread and/or chips, but there was no sogginess at all!! The strategically placed cheese prevents it. And let me just tell you folks…this was one awesome grilled cheese!! It may sound a little weird, but the food that sounds a little odd usually turns out to be the best. Try it, you’ll see!!
Tomato, Pickle, and Potato Chip Grilled Cheese
As seen on Care’s Kitchen
2 slices of bread
- 3 slices of cheese (I used pepper jack)
- 2-3 thin pickle slices, patted dry
- 1 thin slice of tomato (or 2-3 slices of a smaller tomato)
- Ridged potato chips (your choice of flavor)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- To assemble your sandwich, place bottom piece of bread bread on a plate, the top with 1 slice of cheese, the pickles, tomato, second slice of cheese, chips, third slice of cheese, and top piece of bread.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and once it is bubbling place your sandwich in.
- Gently press the sandwich with a spatula and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until nicely browned. Pick the sandwich up with the spatula and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter, and lower the heat the medium-low.
- Flip the sandwich and place back in the pan, pressing the top with the spatula, again. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until browned and cheese is melted. Cover with a lid if the cheese needs a little help melting.
- Remove from heat, cut in half diagonally, and enjoy!!