It’s time again for another Blogger’s Choice recipe swap, hosted by my friend Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking. I received Dawn’s blog, Simple Gourmet Cooking, again and I was so excited! When I had her blog last round I had too many chicken recipes on my menu already so I had to bypass some fantastic-looking recipes. But not this round!! I was pretty much sold on this one as soon as I saw “spicy” and “honey”…two of my favorite flavors!
Sweet.Baby.Jesus. I could have eaten every piece of this chicken by myself. Just a little bite of spice and the sweetness from the honey glaze made for one deeeelicious dinner. Maybe I’ll save some for J. If he’s lucky. And I’ll definitely be making this again. Soon. I have just enough chicken thighs in the freezer for another batch!
Thanks to Dawn for yet another great recipe!! Be sure to check out all the other dishes from the swap below!
Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs
As seen on Simple Gourmet Cooking, via Cooking Light
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl or resealable bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet and broil for about 5-10 minutes on each side, until chicken is just about cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven, brush 2 tablespoons honey mixture on chicken and broil for an additional minute.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil for another minute or until chicken is cooked through.
The Home Cook
Oooh, these sound great!
So glad you liked them! But then again who wouldn't? These are one of my favorites 🙂