This week’s recipe swap was for a main dish salad. I love salad, so I was excited for this swap! When I received my recipe from The Jey of Cooking, I have to admit I was a little nervous because most of the ingredients were outside of my comfort zone. I’ve never been a fan of sweet potatoes, K doesn’t like quinoa, and I had yet to try goat cheese even though it was on my list of things to try! So…while I was excite to try something new, I was afraid I wouldn’t like it.
My fears however, were unnecessary. This turned out to be a very tasty salad – and I actually really liked the sweet potatoes!! The goat cheese was a little tangy, but I liked it. The flavors went well together and I am really glad that I got this recipe! It helped me to step outside of my comfort zone and discover new flavors that I actually like! Thanks to Jey for sharing!
Quinoa and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Source: The Jey of Cooking
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Raspberry Vinaigrette (Recipe Follows)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, put the diced potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until sweet potato begins to brown.
- Make your vinaigrette.
- Add spinach to a plate. Top with quinoa, goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and sweet potato. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- 1 c. raspberry vinegar
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well in mixer or food processor.
2. Mix until dressing thickens and is well blended.