It’s time again for the recipe swap, hosted by A Taste of Home Cooking! The theme for this round was Summer Salads and I received this Fresh Basil and Corn Salad from my fellow Texan, The Barbee Housewife.
The addition of the vinegar and basil takes this dish from plain ol’ corn to a delicious summer salad!! Light, refreshing flavors and can be served cold or room temperature. Perfect!! Check out this recipe below, and the other dishes from the swap!!
- 5 ears of Corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup of Red Onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of Olive-Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh Basil Leaves, sliced
- Place the corn in a large pot of salted water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes, just until the starchiness is gone.
- Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl with ice water. When the corn is cooked, place the cobs in the ice water, to stop the cooking.
- Remove the corn from the water and cut off of the cob. Toss with the red onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Stir the basil leaves in right before serving.