Peach Blackberry Sorbet
Adapted from: Does Not Cook Well With Others
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
¼ cup white grape juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 pounds fresh, under ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup fresh blackberries
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup white corn syrup
1. Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Combine the grape juice, peaches, blackberries and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick. Cool to room temperature.
3. Puree the peach mixture along with the syrup mixture, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Press the puree mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds.
4. Pour the strained, puree mixture into a large freezer-safe container (preferably one that has a lid). Stir in honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the corn syrup and stir well.
5. Put in freezer until soft frozen. Serve with mint sprigs and fresh blackberries.