Happy hump day, friends! I can’t tell you how glad I am for today! It’s been a crazy week – well, couple of weeks, actually – at work, but all the hard work paid off and the chaos all comes to an end today – Hallelujah!! And to celebrate, I am sharing this delicious, fruity, chocolaty dessert with you all! Aren’t I the sweetest?!?!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or ap flour, or 1 cup ap + 1 cup whole wheat)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 6 oz raspberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer) beat the sugar and butter with at medium speed until blended and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla and mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined, and then stir in the chocolate and raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes*, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.