This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to day 2 of PumpkinWeek! So many great recipes were shared yesterday, so if you missed them, check out my post AND enter the giveaway. You don’t want t miss out on the chance to win some great prizes!
Of course I had to start the week off with something sweet, but pumpkin is also great in savory recipes. And what better comfort food, than mac ‘n’ cheese?!? Thanks to Cabot Creamery, I used an amazing Vermont extra sharp white cheddar that pairs perfectly with the creamy pumpkin for the sauce. Oh, and of course we can’t forget the use of Eggland’s Best eggs to hold all that deliciousness together!
I’m usually somewhat of a mac ‘n’ cheese purist, in the way that I like the stove-top varieties. However, I couldn’t resist trying an oven baked version this time. And let me just tell you – it did not disappoint. It’s still creamy and delicious, but it has an added crunch on top from the breadcrumbs. And the pumpkin flavor is subtle, not overpowering. It was just flat-out amazing, if you ask me!
Nat loves her some pasta (she’s my carb girl, for sure) and she devoured this pumpkin mac ‘n’ cheese. That, alone, would make me consider this a winning dish, because…toddler. But, it really is the perfect comfort food, fall weather dish! I mean, what is better on a cool night than pulling a piping hot casserole dish out of the oven and having THIS to look forward to???
Not much, my friends. Not much at all.
So, make sure that when you get into all things pumpkin in the coming weeks and months, that you add this dish to your list. Trust me…you don’t want to miss out.
And of course, check out all the other pumpkin deliciousness from PumpkinWeek at the bottom of the post!!
Now, the recipe you can no longer live without.
Pumpkin Mac 'n' Cheese
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 Eggland's Best large eggs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 8 oz macaroni or other small, dry pasta noodles
- 8 oz Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch (or similar size) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, until al dente, drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into the pot with the pasta and stir until combined. Continue cooking over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in about 6 ounces of the shredded cheddar and the Parmesan until melted and evenly-distributed.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared baking pan. Then top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are toasted. Remove and serve immediately.
Source: Gimme Some Oven
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek Recipes:
Cheesy Pumpkin Chorizo Burritos from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Fall-Flecked Stuffed Grape Leaves from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Harvest Stew from Wholistic Woman
Pumpkin Mac N Cheese from Sweet Beginnings
Rosemary Cheddar Pumpkin Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
Baked Goods & Desserts:
Cinnamon Pumpkin French Toast Casserole from Daily Dish Recipes
Easy Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe from April Golightly
Pumpkin Cheesecake Danish Braid from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie from House of Nash Eats
Fluffy Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip from The Crumby Kitchen
Pumpkin Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding from The Nifty Foodie
Pumpkin Halwa from Caroline’s Cooking
Pumpkin Pasties- Harry Potter Style from Jonesin’ For Taste
Pumpkin Tart with Pumpkin Spiced Whipped Cream from Love and Confections
Disclaimer: Thank you PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Three (3) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the PumpkinWeek posts or entry.