I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This pumpkin cake roll is moist, luscious pumpkin cake, wrapped around a delicious maple buttercream filling. Simple to make, but will fancy up any of your fall gatherings!
It’s day two of #PumpkinWeek, and I couldn’t wait to share this pumpkin cake roll with maple buttercream filling with you. After making my lemon cake roll, and realizing how totally doable they are, I was excited to try another one!
And this one, turned out even better than the first one! And considering what a lemon-lover I am, that’s saying something. I think it was really the texture that I enjoyed the most. It was moist and fluffy, and that maple buttercream, y’all. Perfection. And what says fall better than pumpkin and maple flavors??
And the “icing on the cake” so-to-speak? Drizzling Torani pumpkin pie sauce over a slice after it was cut. Whole ‘notha level, my friends. It took every ounce of will-power that I had not to drench the entire roll in that sauce.
Instead I savored my slice, in all it’s sauced-up glory, and then took the rest to work to share. ‘Tis the season, and all that jazz, right?
But seriously. This pumpkin cake roll is perfect for upcoming holiday celebrations. It might be hard to see that first slice go, but you’ll be so glad you did, when you see the smiles after those first bites. And then you’ll be expected to make it every year, so be prepared to add it to your annual menu!
Make sure you check out the rest of the recipes from today, and enter the giveaway if you have’t already! Our sponsors have some amazing prize packages up for grabs!
Pumpkin Cake Roll with Maple Buttercream
For the Pumpkin Cake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- powdered sugar and pumpkin pie sauce, for topping (optional)
For the Maple Buttercream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple extract or maple syrup
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with foil, leaving an extra 1-inch over-hang so that you can easily lift the cake out after baking. Spray with cooking spray (I like the ones with flour in them) to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk eggs and granulated sugar for 1 minute until thick. Add the vanilla and pumpkin, and whisk until just combined. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when touched. Carefully lift the cake out onto a flat surface. While the cake is baking, set a large, clean kitchen towel out on a large work surface. Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (about 1/4 cup). As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, turn it over on the kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove foil carefully. Working from the short end, fold the edge of the towel over the cake. Roll tightly, rolling up the cake into the towel. Let cool completely while rolled, at least one hour.
- While the cake is cooling, make the maple buttercream (instructions below.)
- When cake is cool, carefully unroll the towel. Spread the maple buttercream over the cake, as evenly as you can. Roll the cake again, gently but tightly (and withouth the towel this time.) Wrap in plastic wrap to prevent drying out, and refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle powdered sugar on top, slice the cake and serve with pumpkin pie sauce, if you like!
To make the maple buttercream:
- In standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat butter at medium-high speed until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar and salt; beat at medium-low speed until most of the sugar is moistened, about 45 seconds. Scrape down bowl and beat at medium speed until mixture is fully combined, about 15 seconds.
- Scrape bowl, add maple extract and heavy cream, and beat at medium speed until incorporated, about 10 seconds, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down bowl once or twice.
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Boozy Pumpkin Party Punch from The Crumby Kitchen
Easy Pumpkin Smoothie from Red Cottage Chronicles
Pumpkin Fizzy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Jen Around the World
Pumpkin Donut Cake from Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread from Love & Confections
Pumpkin Shakshuka from Food Above Gold
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Gnocchi from Palatable Pastime
Vegan Savory Stuffed Mini Pumpkins from The Baking Fairy
Pumpkin Cake Rolls with Maple Buttercream Filling from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin Pie Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
PRIZE #1 DIXIE CRYSTALS
Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a Marble Rolling Pin and Board Set.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. For generations, Dixie Crystals has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. Our pure cane, non-GMO sugar products guarantee that treasured family recipes will turn out right every time. Bake with love and Dixie Crystals.
PRIZE#2 SWEETS & TREATS
Sweets & Treats is giving one winner the Year of Sprinkles that contains holiday mixes, classic sprinkles, and some of their most popular sprinkles.
Sweets & Treats, a party and baking supplies manufacturer and wholesaler, started out of a baking industry need for truly grease-proof cupcake liners. From there, the company expanded into a handful of specialized categories including the latest, Sweet Sprinkles, their one of a kind sprinkles and sprinkle mix line. With hundreds of truly unique products, they are a one stop shop for your next party!
Torani is giving one winner a year supply of Torani: 12-750ml glass bottles, flavors will be winner’s choice, plus pumps for each bottle.
We believe in flavor for all and opportunity for all. In the beginning, Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre visited family in Lucca, Italy. They returned home to San Francisco with handwritten recipes, which they used to create authentic flavored syrups. Needless to say, the syrups we’re a hit. A lot has happened since then, but our belief has remained the same: Flavor for All, Opportunity for All. It means that not only are the products we make inclusive and approachable, but so is our success. We believe everything starts with people, and the only way to truly succeed is to succeed together. Today, you can use more than 100 of our naturally flavored syrups, sauces and beverage bases in coffees, sodas, teas, smoothies, cocktails and more.
PRIZE#4 CABOT CREAMERY CO-OPERATIVE
Cabot is giving one winner a gift box of assorted Cabot cheeses.
The farm families that own Cabot Creamery Co-operative love what they do. And they’ve been doing it for a long time—every single day since 1919. Almost 100 years later, we’re proud of our thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows that produce the rich, buttery milk that we use to make Cabot’s award-winning cheese and dairy products. We like to think those awards mean we’re doing something right. Of course, you’re a big part of this too. If you love eating our cheese as much as we love making it, then we’ll get to keep doing what we do for generations to come.
Thank you to #PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, and Cabot Creamery Co-operative for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and alternate winner(s) will be chosen. The #PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #PumpkinWeek posts or entry.