This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This orange smoothie recipe with refreshing pineapple and basil is chock full of nutrients and bright, fresh fruit that will satisfy your taste buds and your appetite!
J has a smoothie every weekday morning. Without fail. Sometimes Nat will have some of it too, but I am not a big breakfast-before-work person, mostly because of time, so I rarely partake in any kind of breakfast during the week. But, when I was thinking up recipes for this week, I wanted to include a beverage, and a smoothie was the first thing that came to mind. So, I started thinking of good, seasonal spring fruits and eventually came up with this orange smoothie recipe with pineapple and basil added to make it extra refreshing!
For this kicked up orange smoothie recipe, you need only 7 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to have this deliciousness in your glass. That, my friends, sounds like a great way to start any day!
What really makes this a great smoothie – a great breakfast smoothie, is the addition of Barlean’s Energy Blend. It has flax, chia, coconut flakes, and panax ginseng, as well as Omega-3, antioxidants, and fiber, all to help kickstart your day and keep you going! It also adds a nice texture and added flavor to the smoothie.
It took a couple of test runs to get the ratio of ingredients just right (too much basil is NOT good), but the end result was a phenomenal smoothie that is healthy, refreshing, and filling. That’s about the best thing I could hope for!
When I did the final run on this recipe, I gave J the morning off from making his breakfast and I made smoothies for us ALL to enjoy! He told me I could make it the next morning, too, so I guess he liked it? No doubt that you will, too!
And, you guys! Today is my last post for Spring Sweets Week! But, you do have one more day to enter the amazing giveaway! Don’t miss out on your chance to win 1 of 8 prize packages from our generous sponsors!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the recipes from the final day of Spring Sweets Week!
Saturday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Aquavit-Scented Blood Orange Tart by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hummingbird Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Lemon Tea Cake Cookies by The Speckled Palate
- No Bake Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Cups by Blogghetti
- Orange Smoothie Recipe with Pineapple & Basil by Sweet Beginnings
- Pastel PEEPS Mini Pudding Pies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- PB Marshmallow Peep Blondies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- PEEP S’Mores Skillet by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- PEEPS fruit bouquet by Creative Southern Home
- Peeptini by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Springtime Rocky Road Blondies by The Crumby Kitchen
- Strawberry Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Super Moist Coffee Cake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vegan Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Loaf Cake by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa with Peeps Marshmallows by Our Good Life
Are you ready for the orange smoothie recipe, with pineapple and basil?? Here you go!
Orange Smoothie with Pineapple & Basil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple*
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Barleans Energy Blend
- 1 basil leaf
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. If it is thicker than you like, you can add a bit more orange juice. If it is thinner than you like, you can add a bit more frozen pineapple (or ice.)
- Divide into two glasses, and garnish with orange slices and basil, if desired.
A Sweet Beginnings Original Recipe
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.