I love short weeks at work. Don’t you? Of course you do! After a long Memorial Day weekend it was hard to come back on Tuesday, but knowing it was only a four-day work week made it a little easier. And here it is, Thursday already and the weekend is almost here again!!
Of course, it didn’t make the week any better when I had a ditzy moment, unplugged my work computer on accident and crashed my hard drive. ::Sigh:: It was definitely one of those palm-to-face moments, and all I could do was pout and shake my head. Fortunately all the work-related stuff is saved on our server, but having to re-do all my settings, bookmarks, etc. – what a pain. I know, wah wah wah, such first-world problems.
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 (6 oz) chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp salt and freshly cracked, pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 F, line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Panko, Italian seasoning, parsley, Parmesan, and thyme, and stir to mix well. Pour onto a large plate for easy coating.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Mix the mustard and garlic together then rub evenly all over each chicken breast. Place each chicken breast onto the plate with the panko mixture, pressing down to make sure the coating sticks, Turn to other side and repeat.
- Once each breast is coated, transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through (170 degrees F). Allow to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.