This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These muffin tin frittatas may be small in size, but they are big on fillings and flavor! Chock full of veggies and cheese, they are perfect for a brunch or a grab-and-go breakfast!
It’s day 4, we’re halfway through #BrunchWeek, y’all! I’ve had so much fun sharing recipes and reading comments this week. You guys sure love your brunch food. Which is great, since this is a week about brunch, after all!
What I’m sharing with you today, is not only a great brunch idea, but also one of those make-ahead breakfast items you can eat throughout the week. I’ve made two batches of these already, and J has taken most of both batches to work for his second breakfast. Yes, second breakfast. Or morning snack. Whatever you like better.
I was excited to be able to use sponsor gifts from three of our sponsors in this recipe. Glorious eggs from Eggland’s Best; Creamy, dreamy cheese from Cabot Creamery; and a whole slew of marinated veggies from Cento Fine Foods. I’m talking roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes! So thankful for our sponsors and their generosity that makes this week and all these amazing recipes possible!
I decided to make two different kinds of frittatas. The first was basil and sun dried tomato, the second was roasted red pepper and artichoke hearts. I added ground venison sausage to both, and we had ourselves some tasty little brunch bites!
I’m telling you, J was in heaven. He loves sun dried tomatoes, and he was so glad to have these to eat on for a couple of weeks. He was very eager to try them, while they were cooking though. Thankfully, they don’t take too long to cook!
All the components came together so nicely, and the flavors balanced so well. No one ingredient overpowered the rest, so you can taste and enjoy every part of each bite. The marinated vegetables really added a great flavor, and the creamy cheese – well, you can’t have frittatas without good cheese!
Usually our favorite make-ahead breakfast is a crustless quiche, and these muffin tin frittatas are like mini versions of that, so…pretty darn perfect if you ask me!
You definitely want these on display (and in your belly) at your next brunch gathering, or breakfast, for the upcoming week!
Be sure to check out this and other amazing recipes from today at the bottom of the post, and if you haven’t already – enter the giveaway drawing!! There are some amazing prizes to be had y’all, from some amazing and generous sponsors!! If you missed the earlier post, you can check out the prizes and enter the giveaway here.
Muffin Tin Frittatas
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 8 Eggland's Best large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Cento's sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cento's marinated roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup Cento's marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 cup Cabot Farmhouse Reserve cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set on a baking sheet for easy handling. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook sausage, breaking up as you go, until browned and cooked through. Drain off any grease and set aside to cool a bit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sun dried tomatoes, basil, half the sausage, and half the cheese. Stir to mix well. Repeat this in a separate bowl, using the roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, remaining sausage and cheese.
- Spoon the sun dried tomato mixture into six of the muffin tin cups, filled almost to the top. Spoon the roasted red pepper and artichoke mixture into the other six. Pour the whisked eggs into each cup, carefully, filling almost to the top, but be careful not to pour over and make a mess!
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Use a butter knife and run around the edges, and carefully remove. Enjoy hot, or allow cool before storing tupperware in the fridge.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Barley and Apple Salad with Kale Pesto from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus and Cheese Tart from Brunch-n-Bites
Muffin Tin Frittatas from Sweet Beginnings
Red Pepper, Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche from Family Around the Table
Shaksuka from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Cooking with Carlee
French Toast Sticks from The Barbee Housewife
Khachapuri – Georgian Cheese Bread with Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes from For the Love of Food
Strawberry Streusel Crescent Muffins from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Tiramisu Pancakes from Tara’s Multicultural Kitchen
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad from Eat Move Make
Asparagus Tart from Mildly Meandering
Creamy & Luscious Italian Asparagus from Girl Abroad
Roast Carrots with Pine Nuts & Feta from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast from Forking Up
Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut and Blueberry Frosting from Love and Confections
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Beet Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Espresso Coffee Cake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Peach Brown Butter Coffee Cake from The Redhead Baker
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.