How is it Thursday already?? This week seems to have flown by, but I’m thankful for that. I hope it continues like this for the next 11 weeks. And, I have to say that I’m also thankful for DST (Daylight Savings Time) even though I seem to be in the minority of those who like it. I mean, I don’t understand what’s not to like about extra daylight?? Yes, it’s darker in the morning but I’d much rather have the light in the evenings, personally. All I’m doing in the morning is getting ready to come to work. It’s the evenings when I need light for pictures or doing things outside at home.
Speaking of pictures…
If you’ve never had Moroccan-spiced food before, then you definitely need to. And this chicken is a great place to start. You get the smoky flavor of paprika and cumin, with that hint of spice from the red pepper flakes. Then top it with a creamy garlic sauce. What’s not to love??
And if you plop all that on top of some creamy Parmesan orzo…all the better!
No matter what you choose to serve it with, just be sure to serve it soon!
- 2 lbs chicken pieces (I used b/s chicken breasts, but you could use drumsticks, thighs, etc.)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add all the chicken ingredients (garlic-salt.) Stir or toss to evenly coat the chicken pieces. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and cook, rotating every so often, until cooked through. The time will vary depending on which chicken pieces you use (boneless or bone-in) but will range from about 10-20 minutes. The lesser time being for boneless cuts. Juices should run clear and flesh should be firm to the touch.
- To prepare the garlic sauce, combine the garlic, salt, and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, until well-combined. (If it separates before you are ready to serve, just whisk it again.)
- Serve chicken with garlic sauce.