Move over chocolate, these lemon brownies with raspberries are the best, fudgy brownies yet! Full of bright citrus and berry flavors with the perfect brownie texture, these will be the dessert you crave all summer long!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% my own.
I am, undeniably, a lemon fanatic. The amount of love I have for all things lemon tops the charts. So, I will take any excuse to make a recipe, sweet or savory, using lemon. I am also rather fond of raspberries. Usually my preferred combo with raspberries is dark chocolate, but these lemon brownies with raspberries have definitely earned the spotlight.
Between the perfect, fudgy texture of the brownies, the tartness of the lemon and raspberries, and the sweetness in the brownies and the glaze, these lemon brownies with raspberries are just about the most perfect summer dessert I can think of. I’m also rather fond of the way the colors pop against each other, aren’t you?
I tried these brownies a couple of ways, the first time adding a homemade raspberry puree into the batter, thinking it would turn it a little pink, but…that did not work at all how I’d hoped. So, I opted to use the whole raspberries and push them into the batter before baking, and that worked out perfectly!
The lemon glaze on top is essential to the overall experience, so definitely don’t leave that off! But, if you do for some reason, the lemon brownies are still delicious with the raspberries scattered throughout.
I’m one of those people who prefers a fudgy brownie to a cakey one, and these are definitely the fudgy variety. The are absolutely, scrum-diddly-umptious and perfect!
Can you freeze lemon raspberry brownies?
You absolutely can!! I suggest freezing after baked and cooled, before adding the glaze. Then make the glaze once you have thawed them and are ready to enjoy!
But if you do add the glaze and want to freeze them, make sure you have parchment or wax paper between any layers to keep them from sticking together.
Sponsored items use in this recipe:
Dixie Crystals Granulated & Powdered Sugars
Adam’s Extract Lemon Extract
Wilton Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan
Sweets & Treats Boutique Sweet Tart Sprinkles
Don’t forget to check out all the other great recipes from today,and enter the giveaway below. Only two days left to enter!!
Lemon Raspberry Brownies
For the Lemon Raspberry Brownies:
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs + 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp + ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 6 oz fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish, if you like
- Sprinkles, for topping (optional)
For the Lemon Glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2½ tsp lemon zest
- With oven rack on the middle setting, preheat oven to 350º. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, with enough hanging over the sides that you can use them as handles to remove the brownies easily when the time comes. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or handheld mixer and large bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt until well combined. Add the butter and mix until well combined, at a medium speed. You do not want to beat at high speed or it will incorporate too much air.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon zest and extract together. Add to your batter using a rubber spatula to scrape it all out. Mix on low speed until well blended and smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Alternately, you may stir by hand using a rubber spatula until well blended and smooth.
- Push batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Add raspberries throughout the batter, and push down slightly so they are in the batter, versus just sitting on top. Though some on top is fine, too! Bake in preheated oven until golden brown around the edges and firm to the touch in the center, about 25-30 minutes. (It took mine 30 minutes, but will vary by oven.) Don't overcook or the brownies will be dry. Mine were nice and ooey gooey! Transfer to wire rack and allow to cool at least 1 hour before removing from pan. Cool completely before spreading on glaze.
- Use the baking parchment on sides of pan to lift brownie cake out and transfer to cutting board. Once the brownie cake is completely cool, prepare the glaze.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, lemon juice and zest until smooth and creamy. Pour glaze over cooled brownie cake and spread evenly over the top.
- Allow glaze to dry slightly on the surface before adding sprinkles and cutting. The brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Brownies will keep airtight at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer* for up to 6.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.