I’m not even sure what words I can type right now to adequately introduce this dish. Lemon. Lemony. Deliciousness. OMG amazing. Best chicken ever. These are all things that come to mind. When I posted a picture of this on my Facebook page, the lemon lovers came out of the wood work asking for the recipe. I promised them I’d post it soon. So, post it I will!
I think sometimes J wishes I didn’t love lemon as much as I do. And vinegar. But he’s always gracious and never complains about it. Not that he doesn’t like it, but he doesn’t love it like I do. This sauce, however, he was a big ol’ fan of. BIG FAN. I mean, who wouldn’t love a sauce made with lemon juice, white wine, capers, and butter? WHO?!?!
I also decided to make myself a little treat of roasted cauliflower. Sadly, this is one of the few things that J detests that I love, so I really never make it. I made him roasted broccoli so he was a happy camper. Of course he tasted the cauliflower, and he hates it still. Such a shame. Oh well, more for me!
You can have this delicious dinner on your table in less than half an hour, so no excuses!! Make it tonight!!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- ¼ cup brined capers
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned . Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, wine, capers to the skillet and use a spoon or spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Bring the mixture to a boil, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add chicken back to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate once again, add the remaining butter to the sauce and whisk for about a minute, until it thickens a little.
- Return the chicken to the skillet or plate and top with (lots of) sauce and parsley.
I love me some lemon!!