This was just an awkward title to come up with. I mean, the recipe is for baked salmon with jalapeno lime butter, but then that sits atop a delicious salad. So, salad needed to be in the title somewhere. But it’s not a jalapeno lime butter salad. It’s not a baked salmon salad with jalapeno lime butter. It’s baked salmon with jalapeno lime butter on a salad. Am I making it more complicated that it should be? Perhaps. Probably, in fact. But, it is what it is.
And what this is, my friends, is one amazingly healthy and delicious salmon salad. I mean, jalapeno lime butter in itself sounds amazing. Baked on top of salmon? Yep, I’m in. But then, you make up a salad using whatever you happen to have in your produce drawer and throw that salmon on top of it – what?!?! Yep, I said. And I did it. And it was amazing.
J likes various salmon bowls and the like, and he had mentioned wanting something like that when I was making this most recent menu plan. Well baby, ask and ye shall receive! It was healthy, it was filling, and it was delicious…three things that are very important in our household. I’m a little sad that I was running late this morning and didn’t have time to throw together a salad so I could bring leftovers to work (and didn’t think ahead to do it last night.) So, the hubs will get to enjoy the leftovers all for himself. I’m such a nice wife.
You can have this amazing dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. I bet even the kiddies will love it! The jalapeno seeds are removed so it’s not super spicy, and mixed it with all that good salad, no concentrated bites of jalapeno lime butter, just the amazing flavor spread throughout. Are you drooling yet??
Jalapeno Lime Butter Baked Salmon Salad
As seen on Maebells
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested (you can use the remaining lime for squeezing on the finished meal)
For the salad (this is what I threw together)
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Angel hair slaw
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- lime wedges (from zested lime) for squeezing
- salad dressing if you’d like – I used a little lime vinaigrette, J used sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the baking dish, skin side down, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the butter, chopped jalapeno and lime zest in a small bowl – I used a small food processor to mix mine, but you can mix with a spoon or fork if the butter is good and soft.
- Divide the butter mixture on top of the salmon fillets. I just placed a generous spoonful in the middle of each fillet. Place two small pats of the jalapeno lime butter on each fillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve on top of salad with lime wedges for squeezing!