Hello, friends!! How was your weekend? I took Friday off of work in preparation for some weekend festivities and the extra day was really nice. J was home as well and we spent some time cleaning, getting one of the spare rooms organized, and then we went go-kart racing. Go-karts that will go 65 mph. It was definitely something different and fun, but let me just tell you how not exciting and fun it was when the brakes on my go-kart didn’t work for the full first race. 10 laps. No brakes. I was freaking out, y’all. And then, just like that, in the second race they just started working. Very odd and unsettling, but overall we had a good time. I’m not sure my fingers have fully recovered from how hard I was gripping the steering wheel though. Ha!
After that we made a stop at the grocery store and then home so I could bake some deeelicious cookies for J’s family reunion the next day. I’ll be posting those soon, so keep an eye out for them. In the mean time, I have this chicken dish to share with you. Hummus-Crusted Chicken. WHAT?!?
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and place the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Lay them evenly on top of the vegetables, then spread each breast with hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and vegetables then sprinkle the top with smoked paprika.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.