This Hawaiian Fruit Salad is a creamy, delicious, and healthier dessert option for the holidays.
Originally posted December 2014. Photos and content updated 12/12/2019 for improved reader experience. Original photo at bottom of post!
I remember several holiday goodies that we always made when I was a kid. Fudge, primarily, as that is what I looked forward to all.year.long. and have now been handed the reins to. But aside from that was this Hawaiian Fruit Salad.
Now, my mom doesn’t really use “recipes”, and I honestly can’t remember exactly what was in it besides the pineapple and mandarin oranges (my favorite!), and sour cream. Traditional Hawaiian salad is made with cool whip or cream cheese, but I decided to use Greek yogurt for a healthier dessert option. I mean, come on guys…all that yummy tropical fruit mixed together with some Greek yogurt – who doesn’t want to eat that?!?
I love fruit salad recipes because they are so easy to make and can be made with any kind of fruit that you love.
How to Make Hawaiian Salad:
Full printable recipe below!
– Cut up your apples and grapes.
– Drain your pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges.
– Combine coconut and fruit in a large bowl (coconut is optional, if you aren’t into that kind of thing.)
– Stir in Greek yogurt and gently stir to combine.
– Refrigerate for 4 hours. Stir and serve in smaller serving bowls, if desired!
This Hawaiian Fruit Salad is full of fresh fruit and shredded coconut, tossed in tangy Greek yogurt, and is one of the simplest things you can make for a holiday gathering. The kids will love it, and it is damn delicious. Add this to your holiday menu, today!
Here’s another festive holiday recipe!
Fruit Christmas Tree – a festive centerpiece and delicious dessert
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing recipes!
Healthy Hawaiian Fruit Salad
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10 oz pineapple chunks, drained
- 11 oz mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Add apple to a large bowl and toss in lemon juice to keep from browning. Add the pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes, and coconut and stir to combine. Gently stir in the yogurt to evenly coat all the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve chilled. If you notice some liquid gathering, just stir to reincorporate the juices into the fruit!